Goodbye Jesus

A Step Out The Door

spherr

This morning just ended up not being a good day at church.

Recently, the United Methodist Church had their General Conference, where delegates from all over the world meet to discuss church business. They have big debates on whether to be more open and gay-friendly. Last week, they had a vote to basically say "We agree to disagree on homosexuality." Of course it gets voted down, which was disappointing. So my pastor had to at announcement time, announced that this change got voted down. They were good and followed the all holy Bible. He was all happy about it, which really pissed me off.

Later on during praise time, he ended up mentioning how thankful he was for his mother...and how she led him to the altar at age 10, etc...and thats how hes hear today. He also had to mention how hes grateful that his family was full of good, Christian people. I swear, his whole life revolves around Christianity...and the fundie type too. By that point, I had enough and went downstairs during the sermon. Apparently then he criticizes single parents and how they supposedly need a mother and father to be raised well. Needless to say, I was pissed off the rest of the morning. I ended up going out to water the flowers, and threw the watering can around to get out my anger.

When driving home, I told my mom I'm sick of tired of that asshole called my pastor and I'm officially done with him being my pastor. I may not be leaving next week, but this a step toward it. And my parents know I'm dead serious this time. I may be leaving due to his homophobia, but I'm also leaving due to the fact I don't believe anymore (they just don't know that part)

"I'm already gone, and I'm feeling strong"...

Way to go, spherr! Don't let them bully you about who you are. You don't need that shit.

So are you actually gay, spherr? Or just hate the bigotry?

Yeah, I'm gay. I probably should have mentioned that.

It's cool. I figured that much. One of my best friends (who was gay) just died. He was strung out on all kinds of shit. I hear he was on meth, but maybe got off and was drinking a gallon of whiskey a day. I don't know how much the gay thing had to do with it but we live in arkansas, so do the math. Plus he was in an abusive relationship and been out of work for a long time. Great guy though. Could have had any smokin hot girl he wanted back in the day. What a waste!! Haha JK! Love that guy though! We had a life celebration for him last night, sent off a bunch of those floating Chinese sky lanterns (my idea). It was awesome.

But that's totally off topic. Sorry to derail.

I smell another Ted Haggard, his name is Spherrs pastor.

I smell another Ted Haggard, his name is Spherrs pastor.

I've been thinking that for a while too. Hes not what I call affectionate to his wife.

This is an issue that has always bothered me, even when I was a Christian. Whether someone is gay or not has literally no effect at all on my life. Why should I care? Also, even if it is a sin, what makes it so different from all the other countless sins that we all commit every day and don't lose any sleep over? I honestly do not get it.

Good on you for walking out Spherr. Hopefully it won't be long until you can actually leave for good.

• Like 1

Apparently then he criticizes single parents and how they supposedly need a mother and father to be raised well.

Love that.

Apparently Jeffrey Dahmers parents didn't get the memo.

Apparently then he criticizes single parents and how they supposedly need a mother and father to be raised well.

Love that.

Or on the opposite side of the spectrum Obama.

Love that.

Or on the opposite side of the spectrum Obama.

Oh I'm sure he dislikes Obama...he dislikes Romney because he's a *gasp* Mormen!

When you meet him, he kinda reminds you of someone whos stuck back in the 1960's. Sorry buddy, that was 50 years ago. We have learned not to be judgmental jerks, unlike you.

I can't blame you for walking after something like that. I can't even imagine how infuriating that entire experience had to be.