Goodbye Jesus

Still awaiting God

Guest Tiffany

Guest Tiffany

Still awaiting God

So where the hell is he? I thought Jesus was supposed to show his ugly face during the 1999/2000 freak show?

Liberate your mind!

God isn't coming to save you!

I know you want to be saved from whatever hell you are living through and think that this "Jesus" is the only way out but you are only committing emotional suicide. Thinking you are already "saved" (Dead) means that you have given up on reality, the reality that this hell we live in is the only thing we can ever look forward to. Pain, torment, betrayal ... this is what it means to be human, feel the darkness inside you and join the jaded masses in our long march into oblivion.

With every new generation of Christ cultists comes a new generation that thinks thiers is the last becuase Jesus is coming. I swear, it must be hereditary stupidity or something....with a few of us finally breaking free.

Pessamist, it wouldn't be so bad if so many weren't living on planet Jesus.

Life isn't hell, it just takes the right attitute to deal with it, and also the willingness to change it. Xtians may have given up on reality, but we don't have to, nor does are exceptance of reality mean we should view it the way they do.

Xtians see it as, "life is hell, escape to a fantasy"

I see it as, "don't escape to a fantasy because life isn't hell"

If you have such idealistic expectations you're bound to view what we have as an xtian does, we need to be realistic, not childish, ever hopefull for everything we want. Life is a collaboration, we need to convince xtians to take part, instead of opting out, or they'll create a self fullfilling prophecy and make hell on earth, for the sake of heaven as they so often do.

Christians crack me up.....

Every time ANYTHING happens...it's "the end of the world, baby!!!!"

:lmao::lmao::loser:

Guest Tiffany
Pessamist, it wouldn't be so bad if so many weren't living on planet Jesus.

Life isn't hell, it just takes the right attitute to deal with it, and also the willingness to change it. Xtians may have given up on reality, but we don't have to, nor does are exceptance of reality mean we should view it the way they do.

If you have such idealistic expectations you're bound to view what we have as an xtian does, we need to be realistic, not childish, ever hopefull for everything we want. Life is a collaboration, we need to convince xtians to take part, instead of opting out, or they'll create a self fullfilling prophecy and make hell on earth, for the sake of heaven as they so often do.

That's a good point, I was just trying to spark a debate with Troy or acorn or someone.

It may all feel like hell sometimes, but this isn't eternity either.

Still awaiting God

Long wait. No show.

My first lesson may have been in patience.

Then, the notion of abandonment, lies and betrayal...

Love me tonight and I'll call you in the morning.

If you really loved me, you would give yourself to me.

Sounds familiar. Another relationship ends because one partner isn't faithful to keep his word.

Long wait. No show.

My first lesson may have been in patience.

Then, the notion of abandonment, lies and betrayal...

Love me tonight and I'll call you in the morning.

If you really loved me, you would give yourself to me.

Sounds familiar. Another relationship ends because one partner isn't faithful to keep his word.

There's an old song... "Will you still love me tomorrow?"

To which mum would always reply(and I mean always): "If you have to ask, the answer is No."

Merlin

Post number 357, wouldn't ya know...

There's an old song... "Will you still love me tomorrow?"

To which mum would always reply(and I mean always): "If you have to ask, the answer is No."

Merlin

I know the song. Your mum is wise, very wise. I know you're grateful for a mother like yours.

With every new generation of Christ cultists comes a new generation that thinks thiers is the last becuase Jesus is coming.  I swear, it must be hereditary stupidity or something....with a few of us finally breaking free.

And don't you just feel so fortunate to have been able to break free from those mental chains? :woohoo:

I know the song. Your mum is wise, very wise. I know you're grateful for a mother like yours.

Always have been, always will be.

Getting back on track, perhaps we should ask God to be the one that risks instead?

Maybe we should be the ones that have to remember to call Him back! :lmao:

Merlin

Maybe we should be the ones that have to remember to call Him back! :lmao:

:lmao: Oh! If he would only answer the phone!!!

"God's got his phone of the hook, but would he pick it up if he could?" -U2

"All we can conclude, if we are honest with ourselves and wish to remail faithful, is that God has chosen to withdraw himself from human affairs." -Jacques Ellul, French Evangelical theologian

-Lokmer

I've often said that I've called the Help Desk and the head son of a bitch doesn't answer..

Tons of little office baboos here on earth willing to take those calls, but the Big Guy could care less.. Little tired of the Operator trying to fix problem the Manufacturer oughta be taking care of...

Guess jebuz doesn't make house calls, despite what the Office Cretins want to believe..

n

"God's got his phone of the hook, but would he pick it up if he could?" -U2

"All we can conclude, if we are honest with ourselves and wish to remail faithful, is that God has chosen to withdraw himself from human affairs." -Jacques Ellul, French Evangelical theologian

-Lokmer

I love those two quotes, Lok. Thank you. Ellul is amazing and the French are well known for producing some of the greatest thinkers the world has ever seen.

Nobody can have the consolations of religion or philosophy unless he has first experienced their desolations. -Aldous Huxley, Themes and Variations, 1950

Yeah, Nivek, no one responds at the Help Desk. Ain't it the truth?

Like other affairs, which brought us pain and grief in their ending, we do get over the sense of loss in that the sting is gone.

it's a sad situation to be in, if you're following the contradictory teachings of a pagan influenced guy, under the rule of caesar. i mean, he said he wouldn't leave you lonely. that the holy ghost would comfort his flock, but i just don't see the evidence to support his assumptions.

i understand you nivek.

Ah well, you know me.

When God tries to ring me up, I put him on hold. I've got cuter things to talk to :) .

So nivek, about those bikes... :lmao:

Merlin

Just kidding ladies... :kiss:

Shoot, everytime I used to call Jesus, I would get that recorded message...."Your call is very important to us. Please stay on the line for another thousand years and someone will be with you shortly."

It's so irritating, you know, I only was calling about an issue I had with my

"Prayer Works" software. I wasn't getting my prayers answered like the package claimed it would. But you can never get good technical support when you need it.

:lmao:

You don't have enough RAF(Random Access Faith). Buy some more, all will turn white, and it'll make perfect sense!

Merlin