Goodbye Jesus

Share Your Debates With Christians

RedStar

I only found this site the other day and have been reading heaps of stuff on here, I'm glad that such a site is in existance.

I was reading the threads on here and thought it would be interesting to post debates we've had. Here's one of mine from the other day;

(My comments are next to the red colour)

7195383474_f5269b6d47.jpg

7195383414_c3242a3900.jpg

7195383608_9ee7392466.jpg

7195383724_f0702bf583.jpg

7195383798_f29dc132cd.jpg

7195383296_2b97ef5312.jpg

They always have some kind of excuse don't they? Reading the stupid things they come up with is pretty funny though :D

• Super Moderator

I thought it said, "Share Your Diabetes With Christians" and thought, why not?

Sorry. Carry on.

• Like 1

I thought it said, "Share Your Diabetes With Christians" and thought, why not?

Sorry. Carry on.

Alas, I don't have any diabetes to share...

I don't have any debates either. I try to avoid them since I am really awful at it. I tend to forget my points, where I got them from, plus I just haven't read the whole Bible cover to cover (I get ill trying to get through a single chapter). That usually makes my opinion moot to any Christian.

Here's a brief debate I had the other day with an mean fundie grandma who was insulting her atheist grandson (I put this in the "Things Fundies Say On Facebook" thread too, but it seems more contextual in this thread):

fb_discussion.JPG

Isn't it funny how disagreements become a personal attack? Suddenly, because their woo woo doesn't work on you, you're the one with an attitude problem.

The way they run away in a huff is like a five year old angry because his or her parents won't get them another ice cream.

Guest wester

For many years my debates went like this:

A Christian somehow knows the will of God or what God wants and then says

"You have to do X because God wants you to do it. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do"

When I refuse, said Christian begins the drama: "Do you want to burn in hell? How can you do that? Don't you love God? By not doing that you'll end up separated from me for eternity. How could you do that to me?"

Attempted power grabs using Anthropocentric Heresy and Emotional Blackmail - standard fodder.

Cheers

Why do Christians always defend themselves with the line " I am sorry that someone hurt you?" Is that all the empathy they can muster?

If that fails, then out come all the "burn ye in hell" comments.

Isn't it funny how disagreements become a personal attack? Suddenly, because their woo woo doesn't work on you, you're the one with an attitude problem.

The way they run away in a huff is like a five year old angry because his or her parents won't get them another ice cream.

Lol, they're interesting to observe. All of the people I've shown this debate to so far think this guy couldn't come up with a good counter argument so he ran away. Nobody challenged me on it again after that... I wonder why? Hahaha.

This discussion was originally about something entirely different, but then two believers started debating over Jehovah's Witnesses and what a 'true' believer is. They then started debating with each other about what the other person believed about the gospel and whether or not the other person had it right. I commented at this point:

7224072480_7983869cf7.jpg

7224089706_e29ea7cea2.jpg

7224072868_ec3ff2f37e.jpg

7224072738_7641519c29.jpg

7224072982_b4b61046c9.jpg

7224073034_3613f4ff4f.jpg

7224073346_5f84b771b3.jpg

7224072400_d995eda083.jpg