Goodbye Jesus

Found Another Ex-C In My Life!

blackpudd1n

So since my Reason Rally hoodie finally turned up, I've been wearing it quite a bit lately. I was a bit disappointed, though, that no-one had bothered asking me about it- until yesterday, that is.

I was sitting at the coffee shop with my dad and the vice-president of his motorbike club, a guy I've always liked a lot. G is one of these dudes that is the first to help out and is just lovely to everyone. He saw my hoodie, and asked me what the Reason Rally was, so I told him about it. Well, he's an Ex-C, too smile.png He was saying that his parents still expect him to go to church, but he doesn't believe in a god, he just lives his life by the good christian teachings, like helping out others and being nice and all of that. He said he found no answers in christianity, and abandoned it when he was in his mid-20's.

I told him I got the hoodie for solidarity, and he thought that was a good reason :)

I'm pretty stoked that someone I like and respect a lot is an Ex-C, too. It was a bright spot in an otherwise shit day (found out yesterday that they might be moving the operation back because of the burn. Won't know until Tuesday.)

• Like 2

We're like "the gays", ya know. More of us out there than ya think.

Yeah. I need to get some more atheist shirts, start identifying myself more readily

Yeah. I need to get some more atheist shirts, start identifying myself more readily

I wanna get a "Red Pill" shirt, agnostics/atheists will get it immediately (most), and theists won't

I wanna get a "Red Pill" shirt, agnostics/atheists will get it immediately (most), and theists won't

I would, but I'm forever getting mixed up which pill is which.

• Like 1

The blue pill is the stay-in-the-Matrix pill.

The blue pill is the stay-in-the-Matrix pill.

Ah, okay, thanks for that. I'll try to remember.

You know, I only watched the movie once, when I was a fundy, so it kind of all went over my head. Anyway, before my fiancee and I got together, I had him as a friend on facebook (there was a year between when we met and when we started going out). He put up a status quoting the Matrix scene where Morpheus offers the red or blue pill, but I didn't get the reference, and thought he was talking about drugs, and very nearly de-friended him over it.

Hey Pudd

I have an old friend from my teens that is Ex-C and lives fairly close to you. I met him doing a church mission thingo for teenagers when I was about 15.

He lives in Beelingen and has run a website for many years that has "on this day ..." references and lots of info about ancient gods, goddesses and mythology as well as historical and political history things.

You may well know him already from this description - or shall I PM you?

Hey Pudd

I have an old friend from my teens that is Ex-C and lives fairly close to you. I met him doing a church mission thingo for teenagers when I was about 15.

He lives in Beelingen and has run a website for many years that has "on this day ..." references and lots of info about ancient gods, goddesses and mythology as well as historical and political history things.

You may well know him already from this description - or shall I PM you?

Hey Blue,

yes, please PM me :) I don't know a lot of Bello locals, though he sounds like someone one of my friends would probably know. :)

wow, awesome! The only exchristian I've met is a devout muslim. He was very relatable in that he questions a lot. Although, I wondered how he could move on to islam, he seemed at peace with it while still open to exploring.

I'm looking forward to hopefully finding an exchristian or two I know once i come out on facebook within a month or two