Goodbye Jesus

Religulous

mcdaddy

Watching it right now....have you seen this? Anything stick out to you? Anything Maher got wrong? What was right on?

I loved when he visited MY SENATOR Mark Pryor and Pryor said "you don't have to pass an IQ test to be a senator" then immediately realized how much of a fucking stupid thing that was for him to say. FAIL, Mark

I liked "Religulous". It's a funny movie,but not exactly profound. And that's fine,I think we all wanna enjoy some rather light-hearted entertainment from time to time.

Religulous was funny. I didn't really get any insight out of it, it's definitely on the lighter side.

I just watched it, too! I think it would be profound for someone unlike us. Most of us are here because we've done a great deal of reading ourselves. I liked the black preacher and his bling. Is he the one who wanted to be called "Doctor"? He reminds me of the Joel Olsteens and Joyce Meyers out there. I wish they would do a documentary solely on the prosperity preaching.

But I did enjoy it!

Just like the "reverends" of the world. They just apply that title to themselves for no obvious reason. They'll latch onto any bible verse that says wealth is a "blessing". Forget that the son of man had nowhere to rest his head.

I liked the truck stop scene. Big redneck says "if you're gonna talk crap about my god, well, I ain't stickin' around for that." Typical christian attitude: if you're gonna present FACTS I'm outta here.

• Like 1

I liked the truck stop scene. Big redneck says "if you're gonna talk crap about my god, well, I ain't stickin' around for that." Typical christian attitude: if you're gonna present FACTS I'm outta here.

I had one thought when I saw that: MY BROTHER. acted the same damn way when I was having a combo about my deconversion with him.

I liked Religulous. A lot of docos about religion are rather deep and intellectual. Sometimes it's nice just to have a laugh :)

• Super Moderator

I laughed all through it, though it really isn't funny how so many people are still blinded by superstition and ignorance in the 21st Century.