Goodbye Jesus

Their Getting Bolder

Kaiser01

I was watching "through the worm hole", the episode was on what was before the big bang and i noticed somthing that i never noticed before the last couple of months and years. The science channel is begining to adress the concept of God which to me in the past seemed like they where scared to do before, at the begging of this episode Morgan Freeman talked about genesis and actual adressed one of the problems with God creating the universe.

I just think it is interesting a few years ago the education channels where scared of talking about the problem but now they are actualy starting to address the irrational stance of God.

Great news! I've seen maybe one sorta anti-C show on PBS in a debate between scientists and religious people over evolution vs creationism in schools where the evolutionists definitely won the debate.I'm glad to hear of this development. I hope someday we can all come out without fear!

I don't know they've been that way for a while. I'm thinking of Hawkins' conclusion a few years ago in his show that there is no god (like we needed a show to know his opinions on the matter).

I don't know they've been that way for a while. I'm thinking of Hawkins' conclusion a few years ago in his show that there is no god (like we needed a show to know his opinions on the matter).

True, but the religious still like to point out that he doesn't necessarily self identify as atheist. They will do anything to try to fit people into their corner.

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly HALF of Americans believe in creationism and more people think Obama is a Muslim than accept the theory of evolution

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2154923/Half-Americans-believe-creationism-just-15-percent-accept-evolution.html

Obama sucks ass, no matter his religion. He inherently sucks.

The only way to get a good understanding of the theory of evolution in the US is to do an in-depth study yourself. It isn't properly taught in school. Most people in the US are indoctrinated with Christianity at some level and don't have the time or interest for studying evolution.

The study of evolution is fine and dandy in my opinion, but the study of physiology is better still.

"By the simple act of redefining biology, to assert that it is about evolution rather than about organism, we can in effect have our mechansitic cake, and eat our vitalistic one too." - Robert Rosen, Life Itself

I love how bold educational shows are becoming, and the fact that more people are watching them.

America needs to stop being so blinking ignorant. Most people I talk with don't take any interest in academia and our education system cares more about the students' ability to cram and pass a test then they care about whether or not the test information is actually being comprehended and/or retained. What's worse is that American education values only one or two types of intelligence/learning styles and dismisses the rest, telling those students they have to adapt (none left behind!) or they are destined to be failures and live off the system.

The Science Channel needs viewers to stay afloat. There has been a growing movement to combine science and religion to show religion was an early explanation of the world. Science is the new religion, based on reason (Gnosticism and Deism) that will replace Christianity. Science is trying its best to meet Christianity as intellectuals (bile not included). They give mention to Christianity, or other religions, that shared similar interests. I find it unsettling that we can take prehistoric peoples out of the amazon and teach them to use our technology in a matter of days, if not hours, and everyone understands the concept of gameboys, PS3, and XBOX360. Yet god could not reveal his intentions for all men at the same time? He had to dumb down his explanations in order for prehistoric man to understand him. Which is why the early manuscripts referred to mythological animals, such as unicorns, cockatrices, or talking snakes. Now that science has names for animals, Christians can borrow whatever animal best suits its doctrine explaining the mythological animals. Science, alongside Christianity, will flourish for another 100 years, always arguing over creation. Very bad lovers. Religion can never be the voice of scientific discovery because it will always be met with suspicion and needs checks and peer review to keep the discoveries honest, something which will be fought by the Christian community. once science appeases Christians or other religious groups, then it will begin investigating what it chooses but that is religious censorship! Science should never be written under the assumption that religion was began as truthful stories. Some times a story is just a story. Mythological characters do not necessarily come from real characters somewhere in the past. Religious beliefs or spiritualism may have been the first explanation of the unknown but it was never god revealed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was watching "through the worm hole", the episode was on what was before the big bang and i noticed somthing that i never noticed before the last couple of months and years. The science channel is begining to adress the concept of God which to me in the past seemed like they where scared to do before, at the begging of this episode Morgan Freeman talked about genesis and actual adressed one of the problems with God creating the universe.

I love this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFRnd-UugUg

• Like 1

Nearly HALF of Americans believe in creationism and more people think Obama is a Muslim than accept the theory of evolution

http://www.dailymail...-evolution.html

That is distressing. I really do worry about where this country is going. Gotta keep fighting the good fight I guess.

One of the pillars supporting neofeudalism... dumb down the minions, whether it's by actively ruining the education system or by passively neglecting it until it breaks.

• 2 weeks later...
Which is why the early manuscripts referred to mythological animals, such as unicorns, cockatrices, or talking snakes.

Once again I must ask -- Why oh WHY does everybody ALWAYS forget about the SATYRS???

They continually get left out!

All of the time!

Poor guys...