Goodbye Jesus

I Think Well Over A Billion Of My Brain Cells Died Tonight, I Went To A Creationist Seminar

Kaiser01

So I just sat through two hours of creationist crap at a church I was invited to. Like a good little critical thinker I always love to hear other ideas in order the understand if my conceptions are really true or not. Well tonight I came to one conclusion, Itheir the speaker has no idea what he is talking about, he has never read a book on the big bang, he has never opened a evolutionary book or he was intentionally lying to the audience which was so ready to accept every word he said. Rather than spending most of his time “refuting” evolution he played stupid games with the audience and made little comedic jokes. Every now and then though he would actually produce evidence against evolution. Here is how it went.

So he started off with the big bang which he obviously knew nothing about, and claimed scientist say that the universe just exploded from nothing! Not even bothering to mention the quantum field or cosmic back ground radiation. Then he goes on to say it “magically” created stuff, not bothering to mention high intensity radiation and the process that produces “stuff.” For some reason he kept claiming that the universe is 4.5 billion years old in the mind of the “evilutionist” which at first I though he just messed up but he did it three times.

He then jumps to a-biogenesis, totally misrepresenting what science says about it. He of course told the audience that science thinks that life came from “goo” and he got some mud and showed it and told every one in a condescending tone that this is your great ancestor. Not mentioning the great leaps a-biogenesis has made recently with the self replication of molecules with a membrane and the creation of both adenine and guanine. He goes on of course to human transitional fossils claiming you cant go to a museum and find any, of course not mentioning the phonotypical differences and similarities among each one. He then goes on to say that Nebraska man is evidence there is no human transitions, he then sites several other Victorian age mistakes as evidence modern day evolution is false. he claims there are only “drawings” of transitional fossils. He of course brought up at every creationist brings up on page 92 of “the origin of species” where Darwin claims there are no transitional fossils, here is being so deceptive and I bet you he knows it. He doesn’t bother to say if you turn the page Darwin says that he thinks in the future it WILL.

Of course he claimed that evolution was not real science and apparently since scientist use geologic strata to date fossils and not the fossils themselves… it doesn’t work.

O but the real kicker was near the end when he was talking about dinosaurs… and the bible.

He claimed that dinosaurs where OF COURSE… DRAGONS! Yes dinosaurs were actually wha tancient liturature was mentioning. But It begs the question why do we not find dinosaur skeletons on the surface near places like Mount Arrat and in the middle east which would totally disprove evolution of the dinosaurs? But he claims in the Congo the natives describe dinosaurs and most likely a brontosaurus. But hey guess what? You know what documentation we have of those? DRAWINGS!.!!!! But hey a triceratops with a saddle is way more convincing that step by step evolution.

I then did something bold….

At the end, he had a table set up with his stuff and I went up and asked him a simple question.

“Tell me one, just one scientific experiment that shows the universe is 6000 years old.” you know what answer I got?

“UHHHHUHUHUHUH…..I don’t know…. ANSWERS IN GENIESIS.”

He told me to email him to give him time to think and I plan on it because I love debate. I also bought a book called “evidence for evolution” from him that has nothing but blank pages, im going to fill every page with some piece of evidence and ship it back to him I think.

• Like 8

Only in the great state of Arkansas!!!

Oh what torture! Even as a fundy this would have troubled me greatly. I find the misinformation intellectually jarring, even now and even though I was not there!

Only in the great state of Arkansas!!!

Why, they oughta round up all them biologists and scientists then build a big large (but I repeat myself) fence 100 miles wide and.......

Guest Valk0010

Its amazing....the power of ego.

For christ sake, I as a christian could have done way fucking better at least at presenting both sides. This guy didn't even seem to try.

sadly he wont read any real evidence ....... waste of time

This lil' pic blows the creationist's out the water very frigging time.

It supports both the evolutionary concepts of gene mutation and refutes the concept that a single pair could originate the species. This is the Vadoma tribe from Zimbabwe who for some reason interbred and this is the result. I saw them personally as a kid so it is no photoshop.

Send him this and ask him why god created these folk differently. They were only discovered in the early 50's, even David Livingstone missed them.

ostrich-people-zimbabwe.1239.large_slideshow.jpg

A gene mutated and changed their feet to two toes. They have kept this mutation as it is useful for climbing trees.

• Like 3

This lil' pic blows the creationist's out the water very frigging time.

It supports both the evolutionary concepts of gene mutation and refutes the concept that a single pair could originate the species. This is the Vadoma tribe from Zimbabwe who for some reason interbred and this is the result. I saw them personally as a kid so it is no photoshop.

Send him this and ask him why god created these folk differently. They were only discovered in the early 50's, even David Livingstone missed them.

ostrich-people-zimbabwe.1239.large_slideshow.jpg

A gene mutated and changed their feet to two toes. They have kept this mutation as it is useful for climbing trees.

thats interesting and good evidence.

• Like 1

What a disappointment this thread was to read! I thought you were going to tell us that you had gone out on the town and destroyed a billion brain cells by getting drunk - and doing other fun things during your drunken orgy!!

• Like 2

I don't think I've ever seen a Christian debate evolution and actually have good knowledge of it at the same time. The sad thing is that the stupid sheep he preaches to will believe him, I'd be surprised if ANY of them will ever do their own research. That's too hard!!!

• Like 1

Wow, the only thing missing from this guy's talk is denouncing carbon dating. I think I would have wound up gnawing my own leg off if I had to sit through that.

Wow, the only thing missing from this guy's talk is denouncing carbon dating. I think I would have wound up gnawing my own leg off if I had to sit through that.

O no he did that, by saying that scientist dating a new formation of mount saint hellens that is 25 years old, was dated to be millions, when the rock it self probably is but the new mountian forming by plate tectonics is only 25.

He also included Ireducible complexity, which i could of done a better job at explaining becuase this was one of those moments when he was playing stupid games and barley talked about it.

A real interesting thing i forgot to mention was that he wants to write a book called, "i dont believe in a atheist" becuase in his opinion everyone belives in God and atheist are just lying.

• Like 1

Are you seriously telling me that the dude tried to link carbon dating and igneous rock? Or did he talk about some other dating method for that? If I was in the audience and he tried to link carbon dating to anything other than dead living things that are less than several thousand years old, I think I would have laughed so loudly and so hard that they would have tried to perform an exorcism on me.

• Like 2

Are you seriously telling me that the dude tried to link carbon dating and igneous rock? Or did he talk about some other dating method for that? If I was in the audience and he tried to link carbon dating to anything other than dead living things that are less than several thousand years old, I think I would have laughed so loudly and so hard that they would have tried to perform an exorcism on me.

I dont think it was carbon dating but he didnt specify what kind of dating it was, i always ask creationist when they say that they have dated this peice of coal or somthing with carbon dating and it was datable, i never get a strait answer to how old the coal looked to be when dated by carbon dating.

That and when coal is found near decaying Uranium it looks like it is carbon 14 becuase the uranium gives off high energy electrions that smash into the coal turning ti back into carbon 14, giving the illusion it can be dated.

• Like 1

Kaiser.....I for one, would LOVE to see what you fill in, on those blank pages of that book.

If you do decide you do that - please share it with us? I would LOVE to see your intelligent answers because you ARE a highly intelligent person !! Do it!! woohoo.gif

• Like 2

I think I would have enjoyed that. There is simply nothing quite like religious dogma masquerading as science.

Kaiser.....I for one, would LOVE to see what you fill in, on those blank pages of that book.

If you do decide you do that - please share it with us? I would LOVE to see your intelligent answers because you ARE a highly intelligent person !! Do it!! woohoo.gif

Just for you marge.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Seconded!!!

• Like 1

You get props for sitting though that whole thing Kaiser! I was a believer that God may have guided the evolutionary process somehow and the six days of creation were metaphorical. Look at a wolf and a poodle next to each other and try to claim that evolution isn't legit!

Livinglife - Nobody ever believes me about the two-toed ostrich people of Zimbabwe!! You're awesome for bringing that up.

You get props for sitting though that whole thing Kaiser! I was a believer that God may have guided the evolutionary process somehow and the six days of creation were metaphorical. Look at a wolf and a poodle next to each other and try to claim that evolution isn't legit!

Livinglife - Nobody ever believes me about the two-toed ostrich people of Zimbabwe!! You're awesome for bringing that up.

He brought up dogs, most creationist cliam that there are "kinds" of animals and a wolf and a poodle are of the same kind so they can change but not into a new organism. This is just a clever way of trying to get around admiting evolution happens.

They call it "variation" which is of course the same damn thing but you know how they are when it comes to "evilution."

Yeah it is my ace card on a creationist's "debate" (or they simply ignore it) as I ask them to use the bible to explain this; they never can.

I think it makes their heads explode as they are always asking for a transitional or a "missing link". It is neither but kills two birds with one stone.

It negates the concept of a single pair being able to reproduce even with incest of their offspring and it proves genetic mutation which is a prime mechanism of evolution.

• Like 1

I'm not completely sure this guy was lying, instead he was feeding the same crap ignorance he heard from Answers in Genesis without doing any research himself. Not much different than many theists. In any case its a sad day when a speaker is so ignorant that I'd rather listen to Behe....

I'm not completely sure this guy was lying, instead he was feeding the same crap ignorance he heard from Answers in Genesis without doing any research himself. Not much different than many theists. In any case its a sad day when a speaker is so ignorant that I'd rather listen to Behe....

I would of much rather listened to Behe than this guy becuase i at least respect Behe and Dembski because they do actualy do some reserch but this guy was a joke.

• Like 1

I geuss i wont be able to message this guy and debate him, he didnt give me a email adress on the card he gave me like he said he would.