Goodbye Jesus

Parthenogenesis

sarahinprogress

So today my dad came down while i was watching some videos on abiogenesis (a bit to technical for me, if anyone has any resources to simplified info id appreciate) and he asked if any of the research i am doing has explained how the female and male evolved (since they need each other to reproduce.) Well, i hadnt done any research on that, so i typed in some key words and stumbled upon Parthenogenesis. VERY interesting! I read him some of the wikipedia article and he got kinda quiet and then after a little while went back upstairs. Does anyone have any further resources for this?

Well, there are some organisms (such as yeast) that can reproduce both asexually and by exchanging genes. They don't have gender like in higher organisms. Two yeast can come together, swap some genes with each other, then both yeast can undergo mitosis. The subsequent yeast have some of the traits of both the "parents". Sort of a hybrid between sexxual and asexual reproduction.

Ayup. Assuming that morontheists ever think (a daring assumption already) they fail to consider that organisms exist even today that can reproduce both sexually and asexually. From there, some organisms could evolve further down a road that finally eliminated the asexual option.

So today my dad came down while i was watching some videos on abiogenesis (a bit to technical for me, if anyone has any resources to simplified info id appreciate) and he asked if any of the research i am doing has explained how the female and male evolved (since they need each other to reproduce.) Well, i hadnt done any research on that, so i typed in some key words and stumbled upon Parthenogenesis. VERY interesting! I read him some of the wikipedia article and he got kinda quiet and then after a little while went back upstairs. Does anyone have any further resources for this?

I wrote an article called the Great Virgin Isis, and in it, I go into the epithet 'Parthenos' which is related to miraculous virgin birth, and essentially means, Virgin. But it seems that Parthenogenesis was all the rage way back when. You know, during the ages, and in places where proof is impossible to attain.

Well, there are some organisms (such as yeast) that can reproduce both asexually and by exchanging genes. They don't have gender like in higher organisms. Two yeast can come together, swap some genes with each other, then both yeast can undergo mitosis. The subsequent yeast have some of the traits of both the "parents". Sort of a hybrid between sexxual and asexual reproduction.

so cool!

Ayup. Assuming that morontheists ever think (a daring assumption already) they fail to consider that organisms exist even today that can reproduce both sexually and asexually. From there, some organisms could evolve further down a road that finally eliminated the asexual option.

Yeah, like Aphids! its so interesting and i didnt even know about it!

I wrote an article called the Great Virgin Isis, and in it, I go into the epithet 'Parthenos' which is related to miraculous virgin birth, and essentially means, Virgin. But it seems that Parthenogenesis was all the rage way back when. You know, during the ages, and in places where proof is impossible to attain.

Oh you mean like virgin birth myths?

so cool!

Yeah, like Aphids! its so interesting and i didnt even know about it!

Oh you mean like virgin birth myths?

Yeh.