Goodbye Jesus

ChristianForums pretty much sucks.

Prolix

I got a warning today for flaming and trolling, without even being told what thread or post it was. So now I'm saying, WTF did I do?

Probably nothing. I got warned a year ago just for posting a line of these things '****'. Seriously, I didn't even post a word, just asterisks.

Only four more warnings and I'm banned for a year!

God those mods are anal...

LOL I posted on there very briefly before I ever found this site... I used the Darwin fish as my avatar and the mods PMed me and said to change it because it was offending the Christians.

Christians must be PROTECTED from anything that might spark a realistic thought, so non-believers are not welcome there-- although they are tolerated if they don't say anything dangerous.

A while ago I responded to some guy who claimed that the resurrection HAD to be true because the tomb was empty!!! My post was allowed and I even got some props from the original poster. But that was in the apologetics section, where nice debate and counter-arguments are allowed. (One of my points was that if I went out to my garage, and my car was missing, would that be evidence that it drove away on its own??)

But for the most part they are too entrenched in their beliefs to allow actual reasoning to effect them. I suspect the vast majority on that site are too afraid to venture into the apologetics section. I went back a couple times, but seeing Robert Turkel there is enough to make me puke. He's an asshole and a wonderful example of a True Christian. Even when you completely destroy his lame arguments, he still comes back with insults, name-calling (which for HIM is allowed), and claims victory. I won't play the stupid games of Turkel (Farrell Till's bitch).

I've given up posting on any Christian forums...I was banned from Worthy Boards because I had Ezekiel 23:20 as my sig. God forbid I quote something from their holy book. They said it was too offensive for the younger members :lmao:

Wow... they banned you for having a .sig quoted from their own Bible???

Dipshits.

I've given up posting on any Christian forums...I was banned from Worthy Boards because I had Ezekiel 23:20 as my sig. God forbid I quote something from their holy book. They said it was too offensive for the younger members :lmao:

:lmao:

Did you have just the address of the verse or the verse typed out?

In 1833 Noah Webster published a bible with all the dirty parts taken out. It's still popular with the Home School crowd. See Link

In 1833 Noah Webster published a bible with all the dirty parts taken out. It's still popular with the Home School crowd. See Link

Wow. What is it, like, 20 pages long? :lmao:

Wow. What is it, like, 20 pages long? :lmao:

That is funny, but this is what a book on Webster said about it.

His version retained every incident but changed words ad lib, offering thousands of alterations, every one dedicated to euphemisms and absolute decency. Typical is the story of the self-abusive Onan who, rather than "spill his seed" "frustrates his purpose." Testicles become "peculiar members" and female genitals, and even wombs, are conspicuous only by their absence.

"The Mother Tounge" by Bill Bryson