Goodbye Jesus

Why Jesus wanted armed disciples ?

Guest sherman

Guest sherman

Luk 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

And later on when they tried to use it, Jesus stopped them.

Why Jesus wanted armed disciples?

Well, he did say he came to bring war, not peace.

:shrug:

The reason is obvious.

Jesus wants every Christian to have a sword on the wall for decorational purposes.

It just goes with everything!

Merlin

and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Not only did he want disciples with swords, he wanted naked disciples with swords. :lmao:

Not only did he want disciples with swords, he wanted naked disciples with swords. :lmao:

Naked guys with swords out.....

HEY! I THOUGHT CHRIST DIDN'T LIKE SEX!!

Merlin

Okay. Since no Christian™ is around to give their "spin" on things, I'll play devil's advocate.

"Jesus" told them to buy two swords to fulfill prophecy. :lmao: "He was numbered with the transgressors," is supposed to be why he had his lovers...uh disciples buy two swords. For a Jew to be in possession of a sword was a violation of Roman law. A transgressor.

Never mind the fact that "Jesus" being crucified next to two thieves fulfilled this so-called "prophecy" by itself.

Blech! NOW I must go take a pounding hot shower. I always feel so filthy after explaining religious dogma. :ugh:

Jebus to the disciples:

"Do you LIKE Gladiator Movies???"

kL

Guest sherman

:lmao: I like this one better!

I actually went and freggin looked that up, and it was there...astonishing. And then when Peter uses it, Jesus tells him not to! I think Merlin was on to something with the decorational thing...

Naked guys with swords out.....

HEY! I THOUGHT CHRIST DIDN'T LIKE SEX!!

Crazy but true: I thought the same thing! :lmao: