Goodbye Jesus

Virtual Reality

nebula

I've been listening to some lectures by Thomas Campbell and they're really good. Basically he's saying there is no objective physical reality, only digital information. If a life form needs some feedback from its surroundings, the physical world is rendered as a data stream for that unit of consciousness. But if part of the physical world isn't presently needed for the experience of a unit of consciousness then it isn't rendered. It exists as a probability distribution only, just like unobserved, subatomic particles in the double slit experiment.

http://www.my-big-to...id=75&Itemid=82

• Like 1

Goodbye Jesus

I cannot wait to watch this!! I LOVE this stuff!! yellow.gif

Margee's entertainment for the night! I'll be back with comments later!!

Thank you nebula!!

Does the moon exist when no one looks at it?

Does the moon exist when no one looks at it?

No. Furthermore, this theory says the moon doesn't even exist when people ARE looking at it, it's just being rendered for those people, just like the moon in World of Warcraft is being rendered for players who are looking at it but objectively it only exists as information. There is no objective physical reality, only a data stream of digital information that units of consciousness can connect to, just like signing onto an MMORPG. (But dreams are a different data stream from the "physical reality" one.)

So we ARE in the Matrix.

O'Brien and the Ingsoc party had it right eh? (From Orwell's 1984)

Kind of frightening no? That man had a very plausible idea based on the very same premise. What was it Winston thought to himself during his brainwashing after O'Brien told him that of course he could levitate if he wanted to? "If he thinks he's levitating, and I'm thinking it too... then it's really happening ain't it?" or somesuch...

Here in the upload information section for this video there are a lot of links to articles and stuff about this.

woohoo.gif I have been doing everything in my power to understand this. I have been watching it in bit's and peieces since it was posted. One of the things that really bugs me is this...I can understand that I am taking pictures of MY reality.... but YOU are taking those same exact 'picture's?????? Why would we all see 'reality' the same way. Say we all at Ex-c went to the park together...we would all see the park the same way. For instance, would florduh turn to me and say 'what a beautiful beach over there', when I can see NO beach.

Oh, I don't know what I'm tryin' to say.....somebody help me...vent.gif I want to undersatand.........

woohoo.gif I have been doing everything in my power to understand this. I have been watching it in bit's and peieces since it was posted. One of the things that really bugs me is this...I can understand that I am taking pictures of MY reality.... but YOU are taking those same exact 'picture's?????? Why would we all see 'reality' the same way. Say we all at Ex-c went to the park together...we would all see the park the same way. For instance, would florduh turn to me and say 'what a beautiful beach over there', when I can see NO beach.

Oh, I don't know what I'm tryin' to say.....somebody help me...vent.gif I want to undersatand.........

According to this theory, we don't each live in our own individual, virtual reality. We each have our own data stream to a common virtual reality. So we see the same stuff because we are perceiving the same simulation of a universe.

So we're just minds hooked up to a computer?

We're units of consciousness, sort of like individual partitions on a computer or larger consciousness system. So it's not that we're "hooked up" to anything, we're just part of its data. There could be a fractal process going on in which we are on the computer of some advanced species and they are running on the computer of someone more advanced than them and on and on. Or the larger consciousness system could be part of a deity.

We're units of consciousness, sort of like individual partitions on a computer or larger consciousness system. So it's not that we're "hooked up" to anything, we're just part of its data. There could be a fractal process going on in which we are on the computer of some advanced species and they are running on the computer of someone more advanced than them and on and on. Or the larger consciousness system could be part of a deity.

So Yahweh doesn't want to kill me is what yer gettin at

So maybe the end is near! Maybe the aliens running the comp were on say that "when these sims figure out they're sims, we better pull the plug!".

The prophets were right!!!

Shandolashandolalabadalabada praaaaazzze jebus!

With this theory, if Yahweh really existed then he would be the programmer, and Jesus would be the programmer's son. So the old and new testaments would be analagous to "Tron" and "Tron: Legacy".

With this theory, if Yahweh really existed then he would be the programmer, and Jesus would be the programmer's son. So the old and new testaments would be analagous to "Tron" and "Tron: Legacy".

lol

Tron sucks!

...I can understand that I am taking pictures of MY reality.... but YOU are taking those same exact 'picture's?????? Why would we all see 'reality' the same way. ...

Do we? How would we know? Wendycrazy.gif

Seriously, let's say you and me don't literally see the outside world the same way. Let's say the wavelength of light you call "blue" is not the same I see as "blue", but we've both been told to call what we see "blue". We'd really see different things but as we know no other term / no outside objective reference how would we know (sans finding a way for us to see through each other's eyes maybe or something similar esoteric)?

Yes this way lies madness eventually... no risk no fun tongue.png

Interesting.

I don't find it difficult to believe that we could be characters in a computer game of some advanced species.

The Sims I have created with the The Sims 3 computer game might also have a conscience, who knows?

For those who don't know what Sims are, look at my profile photo.

Denyoz is a Sim and sometimes (not often) it almost seems like he has a conscience.