Goodbye Jesus

Sister Louisa's In Atlanta, Georgia: You Must Go!

kruszer

I'm visiting in Atlanta for a few days, and about a block away from the Martin Luther King Memorial , I stumbled into a delightfully irreverent bar that is 100% sacrilege. Calling itself "church of the living room and ping pong emporium", the place is filled with uber-cheezy Christian paraphernalia and church art decorated with things like Pee-wee Herman and Teletubbies, alongside religious-themed prints that have been altered with words. Think Jesus with a word bubble screaming "touch-down!" with his up-raised arms. Or the disciples asking for separate checks at Davinci's Last Supper, and Jesus answering "That's ok, I'm going to pay the price for all of you"

I have never laughed so hard! Anyone else here ever been to Sister Louisa's? It's unlikely to be on Atlanta's tourists maps, but I'm telling you, you need to go - even if you don't buy anything! I'll post pictures soon.

On that note, message me if you live in Atlanta. I'm in town for one more night.

• Super Moderator

I wish I could run up to Atlanta right now!

When I used to live there, I worshipped at a place called the Clermont Lounge. The Mother Superior, named Blondie, used to crush beer cans with her "special blessings". If its still there, I highly recommend you attend service there and put a donation in the collection plate. It's the closest thing you'll ever experience to being in a David Lynch movie.

Where is that lcoated? Yeah, I know I could go google it, but I'm being lazy. So lazy in fact that I can't even be bothered to go back and correct my miss-type of the word "located"

Atlanta is my home town. I'll be back there in a week. Taking well deserved leave. Maybe I'll check it out.