Goodbye Jesus

What Would The World Look Like Today

mcdaddy

If Xianity had never been invented?

Guest Valk0010

I am not very imaginative but way better, and way more peaceful. I bet you would have alot more people, doing things like say studying science or being doctor's or being philosophers. I am mean imagine how many good philosophers and historians have been lost to the hackjob known as apologetics.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

It would be a worldwide Islamic state.

Could you have Islam without Jesus?

Edit: I gues you COULD.

Question is, WOULD you?

• Super Moderator

Question is, WOULD you?

You asked about Christianity, not Jesus.

Question is, WOULD you?

You asked about Christianity, not Jesus.

Well played, sir, well played.

That brings up a good issue. Could the Pagan Europeans fight off Islam in war and cultural encroachment or would they have been screwed without Christianity to unite them. They probably would have united and fought once they realize the Muslims would take away their bacon.

I'm sure we might have evolved much faster....... and been much smarter.........

monkey-and-bible.jpg

If religion had been humanity the world then would be a heaven filled with love, and liberty and joy. --- R Ingersoll

This makes alot of sense, if Christianity hadn't of existed as a counter force against Islam and vis-versa we could be Islamic today unless something took christianity place.

I still think that Islam wouldnt exist without Xianity. Obviously I *could* be wrong tho.

If you are a southerner or rurral midwesterner, you could go out to a bar or liquor store and not have to look around to make sure no church members see you.

Seriously though: maybe we would be more advanced since the church in the middle ages stifled some intellictual thought, especially with biology and astronomy.

If you are a southerner or rurral midwesterner, you could go out to a bar or liquor store and not have to look around to make sure no church members see you.

Seriously though: maybe we would be more advanced since the church in the middle ages stifled some intellictual thought, especially with biology and astronomy.

LOL! yeah, MAYBE we would be more advanced. If by "maybe", you mean, 10000000% sure. haha

Christianity at the time was just the latest iteration of religion. A better question would be what if instead of focusing on religion back in days of Egypt and Babylon. If instead of saying god did it, they focused on scientific questioning.

The world would be a very different place.

Cancer CURED using stem cells...

Christianity at the time was just the latest iteration of religion. A better question would be what if instead of focusing on religion back in days of Egypt and Babylon. If instead of saying god did it, they focused on scientific questioning.

YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT stryper! That is very well said.

Christianity was just the latest version of sun worship...so sadly, it isn't Christards...so a better question might be if SHEEPLE and their stupid RELIGION(S!) hadn't been invented...

What would the world look like of the biggest selling hardback, second ONLY to the BIBLE, ATLAS SHRUGGED, replaced the BIble?

If everyone was a freethinking, productive INDIVIDUAL and the welfare state that enslaves whole classes of people never existed?

Imagine that world, John.

I am not very imaginative but way better, and way more peaceful. I bet you would have alot more people, doing things like say studying science or being doctor's or being philosophers. I am mean imagine how many good philosophers and historians have been lost to the hackjob known as apologetics.

Why? Are more people in Asia doing these things?

If instead of saying god did it, they focused on scientific questioning.

Yup, we would have split the atom in the first century and blown ourselves to smithereens in between the 3rd and 4th centuries in a dispute over depleting fossil fuels. :P

If instead of saying god did it, they focused on scientific questioning.

Yup, we would have split the atom in the first century and blown ourselves to smithereens in between the 3rd and 4th centuries in a dispute over depleting fossil fuels. tongue.png

:banghead: well in the ensuing 1500 years things might've gotten better.

YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT stryper! That is very well said.

Christianity was just the latest version of sun worship...so sadly, it isn't Christards...so a better question might be if SHEEPLE and their stupid RELIGION(S!) hadn't been invented...

Did I just fall into a movie where the two antagonists suddenly find out they actually like each other and then things get....kind fuzzy and involves a goat and hagraven?

Hey McD!

The premature death of Christianity is covered in William H. McNeill's essay, "Infectious Alternatives".

http://en.wikipedia....hat_If?_(essays)

He pretty much concludes that in 701 B.C., had the huge army of invading Assyrians not succumbed to a virulent illness, then they would have wiped out the tiny kingdom of Judah and it's capital, Jerusalem. Judaism would have been eliminated and it's daughter religions, Christianity and Islam would never have had a Monotheistic template to build upon. After all, it was the one God of the Old Testament that both Jesus and Mohammed built their 'new' faiths upon.

Therefore, the ancient Middle East might have stayed polytheistic, with the Jewish experiment in Monotheism dying stillborn. If that sounds unlikely, then consider that the Egyptian pharoah Akhenaten tried to introduce a One-and-Only-One-God system of belief, back around 1334-1336 B.C. That didn't succeed either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhenaten

Imho, Christianity was never guaranteed to flourish (despite the propaganda the apologists try to foist on us) and could easily have died stillborn, back in 701 B.C.So what would the world have looked like if that'd happened? Sorry, but I've got to say it... God knows! Wendyshrug.gif

(Not!) wink.png

Thanks,

BAA.

• Like 1