Goodbye Jesus

Let's Get Behind This Atheist Endeavor

decafaholic

Hey everyone! I was just browsing through Kickstarter and came across this project. The guy behind The Good Atheist website has this project in mind: (direct quote from his kickstarter page)

"I think reading the Bible is the most effective way to lose your faith. There is a snag, however. The Bible is not an enjoyable read. It's a stuffy, boring, and confusing mess, which explains why so few people read it. My aim is to change that. I want to make the Bible more accessible for people. I want it to be a funny, sarcastic, and honest look at the stories and claims of this book, without any punches being pulled. It's my belief readers will come to see the Bible for what it really is: a collection of ancient stories, and nothing more. "

I think this is a pretty cool idea! Take a look at the page and see if it's something you want to contribute to. Remember, your credit card will not be charged unless he gets enough pledges to meet his goal. That's how Kickstarter works.

Hey, decaf! I've wondered how you've been doing! I'll be in Arkansas next weekend. Not your neck of the woods, however.

Is this a proposal for a video or audiobook or something? I'll take a look at it on kickstarter.

Hey, decaf! I've wondered how you've been doing! I'll be in Arkansas next weekend. Not your neck of the woods, however.

Is this a proposal for a video or audiobook or something? I'll take a look at it on kickstarter.

What part of AR? I'm in the little rock area!

*sorry to be nosey. It's just cool to see other arkies in here!*

Oh and by the way, someone's already done something like this. Google "Thomas reads the bible". It's a podcast.

Hey oddbird, I've been doing great! I just pop in about once a month to see how everyone's doing on Ex-C.

• Like 1

McDaddy: I'll be about 38 miles southwest of Hot Springs. I grew up in the Little Rock area, by the way - in Bryant.

I think atheism is inherently polemical. I would never devote much time to it. I have far better things to do with my time.