Goodbye Jesus

Struck By Lightning

TrailBlazer

My grandfather was apparently struck by lightning last week and by a stroke of luck, was hanging onto the right wooden beam at the right time and was only considerably zapped instead of directly hit.

My family, however, is convinced that the good lawd was watching over him and directing him at that very moment when the lightning struck.

If God was watching out for him, the lightning would not have struck at all. You mean to say that there are masses of people- men women and children -dying and living in extreme poverty/suffering all over the world with no relief in sight and the "good lord" is watching out for one old man in the woods living in one of the most affluent countries of the world? I'm not buying it, but I am very grateful to whatever forces of luck or karma or coincidence out there that my gramp is alright after getting struck by lightning!

I hate how everything has to relate back to what God might be doing or saying or showing us in absolutely everything. Why can't life just be life and why can't we just be grateful for life? Why does there always have to be a reason for everything and a way to somehow thank God for all the little things that make life amazing?

• Like 2

Tell me about it, every thing is a god thing with these people, thay have "little" miracles all the time. its total bullshit, they say they pray for somthing to happen and it happens through natural causes and its claimed to be a small miracle. But millions of african CHRISTIANS beg for rain and food everyday but nothing comes. I mean really? is this your proof? that this God is doing "little miracles" that look like natural causes but when it comes to the suffering of billions nothing happens? How is this evidence? i dont get it.

I hate how everything has to relate back to what God might be doing or saying or showing us in absolutely everything. Why can't life just be life and why can't we just be grateful for life? Why does there always have to be a reason for everything and a way to somehow thank God for all the little things that make life amazing?

Can I get an AH-men? Preach it sister!

Lightning has injured / killed somewhere about 50 people this last weekend in Germany. I wonder whether they were all cursed (or else they wouldn't have been hit by lightning in the first place) or blessed (after all, most of them survived, if just barely)... :scratch:

(In case you wonder, most of these people were attending a festival when Thor hurled his hammer right into the crowd... or else the number wouldn't have been nearly that high)

The dead were golf players who took shelter from the rain in a shed right next to a tree... does that mean that da lawd hates golf much more than it hates music? Hmmmm...

Lightning has injured / killed somewhere about 50 people this last weekend in Germany. I wonder whether they were all cursed (or else they wouldn't have been hit by lightning in the first place) or blessed (after all, most of them survived, if just barely)... silverpenny013Hmmm.gif

(In case you wonder, most of these people were attending a festival when Thor hurled his hammer right into the crowd... or else the number wouldn't have been nearly that high)

The dead were golf players who took shelter from the rain in a shed right next to a tree... does that mean that da lawd hates golf much more than it hates music? Hmmmm...

Everyone hates golf Thurisaz, no offense if you enjoy it.

Oh shucks, the lawd sure does work in miss-tearyus ways, duddn't he? For the ones he spared, PTL! The ones he didn't, may they be at home with the good lawd watchin' over us all at the right hand throne of jebus.

Tell me about it, every thing is a god thing with these people, thay have "little" miracles all the time. its total bullshit, they say they pray for somthing to happen and it happens through natural causes and its claimed to be a small miracle. But millions of african CHRISTIANS beg for rain and food everyday but nothing comes. I mean really? is this your proof? that this God is doing "little miracles" that look like natural causes but when it comes to the suffering of billions nothing happens? How is this evidence? i dont get it.

They need to 'prove' their religion via the small miracles that would have happened anyway because they know the big ones simply aren't going to happen. It would destroy their faith, and just what would they do without Gawd?

Obviously he has displeased Zeus. Make an offering.