Goodbye Jesus

Happy 4Th You Heathens

roadrunner

The sermon last week was about how this is a "Christian" Nation. He picked and plucked through the christian founding fathers and read quotes from them. Even as a believer I would go home and google stats that the spouted out during the service finding they were inaccurate (The best one being that darwin came to christ on his deathbed and regretted all the work he had done). Every year he does this but I did note that the list did change losing thomas jefferson and ben franklin. Which Im glad to see at least. Still, I am so glad to live in a country where we dont have sharia law and have to be forced to believe something (a slight irony there) we can post about how lame christianity is and we have that freedom even though its not widely accepted.

"Christian Nation" sounds like the last gasp of desperate Christians looking for validation. Last time I looked, we still had freedom to practice any religion or none. That's how I like it.

Happy 4th, Heathens!

I said it in the other thread on this topic, and I'll say it again.

This 4th of July is a goddamn twisted joke.

in my motherfuckin' humble opinion

I just don't get the whole christian nation thing.

True, the U.S. is predominately populated by christians, so?

I mean what are christians trying to hang their hat on here?

I don't know much about much, Roadrunner, but I agree I am thankful to be able to express my nonfaith without government persecution. Despite it's many flaws, I am glad to live in this country.

Sweden is predominantly atheist, does that mean it was established a an atheist state? by christian logic it is.Wendycrazy.gif

Why so? I always thought it was fun.

The sermon last week was about how this is a "Christian" Nation. He picked and plucked through the christian founding fathers and read quotes from them. Even as a believer I would go home and google stats that the spouted out during the service finding they were inaccurate (The best one being that darwin came to christ on his deathbed and regretted all the work he had done). Every year he does this but I did note that the list did change losing thomas jefferson and ben franklin. Which Im glad to see at least. Still, I am so glad to live in a country where we dont have sharia law and have to be forced to believe something (a slight irony there) we can post about how lame christianity is and we have that freedom even though its not widely accepted.

I had a preacher say that because most of our university system was mostly established y christian colleges in the first decades of the united states we are a christian nation. Its like they just ignore the treaty of tripoli and that most of the founding farthers had nothing to do with christianity or were very liberal christians. i think its funny how when they bring up seperation of church and state its to be, "seperation from England church." I just want to look at them and be like, "are you fucking retarded."

Why do you think so?

I actually feel much closer to what our founding fathers were now that I am an atheist, than I did as a Christian. I am glad to be in a nation where it is legally ok to not have any Gods. We need to work to ensure that stays the case.

Why do you think so?

Well Lilith, we've now got....

indefinite detention

domestic arial drones

the government can now compel contract entry

Ah hell, I could go on, but the point is this is supposed to be a day in celebration of new freedom and of independence. And what we are experiencing in the here and now is the removal of freedom.

I think for many Americans the 4th of July is more about celebrating American culture than it is about independence from the rule of GB, which isn't really something we can relate to today.

I am perfectly happy being an American and living in the US, I have no desire to live anywhere else.

Happy 4th!

• Like 1

Why do you think so?

Well Lilith, we've now got....

indefinite detention

domestic arial drones

the government can now compel contract entry

Ah hell, I could go on, but the point is this is supposed to be a day in celebration of new freedom and of independence. And what we are experiencing in the here and now is the removal of freedom.

Ahh i see, yes i completly share your opinion, but its still fun lol.

-The "Christian Nation" thing is a massive joke. A good number of founding fathers made mentions of their disdain of religiously based gov. 'Tis why we have such things as the establishment clause. Xtians enjoy religious freedom as long as you choose the right religion.

-Add on: I surprisingly agree with Legion, mostly, on this one. It sorta is a joke in a way.

I surprisingly agree with Legion...

sing_99.gif

Exevolt, if we find that we agree,

then is it I who agrees with you,

or is it you who agrees with me?

I don't believe it has any substance.

It has no first or second that I can see.

Happy 4th everyone.

I am getting my US citizenship. I have the interview and civics test next week.

I have lived here for over 20 yrs.

I am originally from GB. Lol

• Like 1

an invisible hook in the sky!

Guest ThereIsNoGod

One day, I swear I am going to captain the Muzzle Brigade....never mind bloody arguing with these idiot stage performers who need to get real jobs.

Me and my boys are gonna ride around in a truck that has JSTFU emblazened on it