Goodbye Jesus

It Is Ok For Me To Do But Not For You....

jdog

There seems to be a lot of Catholics around here in my neighborhood.

This lady near me is a long time Catholic. She is elderly but sharp in mind and young in spirit however she was sitting on her high horse saying how people shouldn't be shacking up before marriage. Blah blah blah and i suppose she was referring to sex too. The topic came up because of one of her family members or something

The crazy thing is that on another day she had openly admitted to that she is seeing a married man. Yeah old folks have affairs too. Lol. It is a bit creepy to think of but yeah.

And One time I looked out my window and her man friend was kissing her. Now I don't know what else they do and i couldnt care less. But it just baffled me how she was ranting about others and using the bible for her reasons but she was doing that.

I just kept quiet but what an obscure way of thinking.

This is not a debate about whether affairs are ok or not. It is the fact that she uses her religion to point fingers at others but she isn't following it herself.

And just to add Too I was hypocritical when I was a believer.

I know I was more judgemental of others and I knew I was not doing right either.

I wonder why that is. I am not like that now. Or far less like it that is for sure.

In the great words of George W. Bush portrayed in Harold and Kumar "Stop hypocriticising me and smoke my weed!"

• Like 1

This is what bothers me most about hypocrisy. We are often completely unaware of it.

I spotted some hypocrisy in myself about a year ago, but I required help to see it.

I just added extra info and had not seen your posts.

I admit I too have been hypocritical. More so when I was a believer than I am now.

I am not sure but it seems that is far more glaringly obvious to see hypocrisy in people who are religious than those who are not.

I just added extra info and had not seen your posts.

I admit I too have been hypocritical. More so when I was a believer than I am now.

I am not sure but it seems that is far more glaringly obvious to see hypocrisy in people who are religious than those who are not.

And some of them use apologetics to justify their hypocrisy.

I completely agree. I have watched this my whole life. I suspect telling people the "rules" gives them a sense of power, and then they decide that power allows them to ignore the rules.

I believe when we get away from that mindset we are more relaxed as a person and "rules" become decisions on how we want to live our lives. These decisions are things we actually follow.

I think the whole "rules" nazi mindset just fosters a person's corrupt side. <pulls out riding crop and starts snapping it on the desk>

I prefer to choose to police myself instead of telling the whole world how to behave every second, it makes life more enjoyable.

The excuse I always get is "Well, I made a mistake. You shouldn't do it though."

Uh, pardon me? So YOU are allowed to make "mistakes" and I'm not? So God can forgive you, but he can't forgive me? I feel like that's always what it boils down to. Somehow, you are superior to me because I made "bad choices", and you never did.

Every person I know who is married now slept with their partner before they got married. Christian or not; my Pastor and his wife even did it! They all just got lucky and ended up marrying the person. They all lie about it though, if you were to ask. My sister actively lies about it to her single best friend about it and I honestly think it is giving her friend a huge complex.

It amazes me how some people can be such huge hypocrites. It's not fair.

• Super Moderator
This is what bothers me most about hypocrisy. We are often completely unaware of it.

Quite true, but in this example, how can you be unaware that you're fucking somebody?

• Like 1

Usually those who complain the loudest about something, are the one's doing it.

• Like 1

I think Christians in general have a huge problem with not being able to admit what they've done wrong. My dad has always been like that, but since he's become Christian it's gone into overdrive. Like, one time we were driving to school and I freaked because dad was texting while straddling the bold yellow lines in the middle of the road. He quickly made sure to tell me that that was the "proper" way to drive while texting and it assures that you don't veer off the side of the road. WHAT?! He eventually admitted he was wrong but it took years of my mom and I making fun of him about it for him to fess up. Most of the time he won't even do that, even when he's caught in an obvious lie.

When xtians do something against the Bible though, they think that it's okay because "Well we're all sinners and we're not perfect." That is SOOO not an excuse for violating the book you hold higher than your own country's law.

From what I can tell - they generally believe it's OK for them, because they're good people, and thus they're being responsible, careful enough, have earned it, etc. - but everyone else doing it - they're crappy idiots, so they should not be doing it.

Usually those who complain the loudest about something, are the one's doing it.

In that case...

DAMMIT! WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO JELLO WRESTLE ANGELINA JOLIE AND SCARLET JOHANSSEN AT THE PLAYBOY MANSION!! THIS SUCKS!!

There seems to be a lot of Catholics around here in my neighborhood.

This lady near me is a long time Catholic. She is elderly but sharp in mind and young in spirit however she was sitting on her high horse saying how people shouldn't be shacking up before marriage. Blah blah blah and i suppose she was referring to sex too. The topic came up because of one of her family members or something

The crazy thing is that on another day she had openly admitted to that she is seeing a married man. Yeah old folks have affairs too. Lol. It is a bit creepy to think of but yeah.

And One time I looked out my window and her man friend was kissing her. Now I don't know what else they do and i couldnt care less. But it just baffled me how she was ranting about others and using the bible for her reasons but she was doing that.

I just kept quiet but what an obscure way of thinking.

This is not a debate about whether affairs are ok or not. It is the fact that she uses her religion to point fingers at others but she isn't following it herself.

And just to add Too I was hypocritical when I was a believer.

I know I was more judgemental of others and I knew I was not doing right either.

I wonder why that is. I am not like that now. Or far less like it that is for sure.

Its called projection.

She is casting about to find fault with others doing PRECISELY what she is doing...and in some distorted way, it makes her feel better about herself.

Catholic priests have been doing it for years with homosexuality.

Quite true, but in this example, how can you be unaware that you're fucking somebody?

LOL

Must be ONE. BAD. LAY.

LOL

Must be ONE. BAD. LAY.

Maybe she'd be more aware with a younger fuller....sausage.

• Like 1

LOL

Must be ONE. BAD. LAY.

Maybe she'd be more aware with a younger fuller....sausage.

LAWL I love you guys. xD