Goodbye Jesus

Out Of The Mouth Comes Blessing And Cursing!

Margee

James 3:10 ''Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be''!

............................................................................................

This was such a bad thing when I was a christian.!! I was taught that 'cursing' also meant 'whining' or being too opinionated in the church.

How lovely and freeing it is for me today, to be able to 'praise' all the wonderful things in life... but yet not have to feel guilty for 'cursing' anymore. And by 'cursing', I don't just mean saying the f word.... I mean being able to stick up for yourself, stand your ground and speak your mind to someone who has done you wrong... without even caring if that person likes you anymore!

Never did I think I would arrive at this point in my very codependant life, where I once wouldn't say 'shit' to somebody, to be able to finally speak up for myself. It is freeing, to not have to worry and feel guilty about dis-pleasing god..... that you may have hurt someone's feelings. I do not go around being a big mouth, but it feels soooo good to take a stand for yourself when I need to!

I did this today and I don't feel guilty!!

I think I finally love and respect myself!! woohoo.gif

• Like 5

James 3:10 ''Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be''!

............................................................................................

This was such a bad thing when I was a christian.!! I was taught that 'cursing' also meant 'whining' or being too opinionated in the church.

How lovely and freeing it is for me today, to be able to 'praise' all the wonderful things in life... but yet not have to feel guilty for 'cursing' anymore. And by 'cursing', I don't just mean saying the f word.... I mean being able to stick up for yourself, stand your ground and speak your mind to someone who has done you wrong... without even caring if that person likes you anymore!

Never did I think I would arrive at this point in my very codependant life, where I once wouldn't say 'shit' to somebody, to be able to finally speak up for myself. It is freeing, to not have to worry and feel guilty about dis-pleasing god..... that you may have hurt someone's feelings. I do not go around being a big mouth, but it feels soooo good to take a stand for yourself when I need to!

I did this today and I don't feel guilty!!

I think I finally love and respect myself!! woohoo.gif

I love you and respect the SHIT outta you too Margee!!!!

• Like 1

Sounds like there's more to the story. What happened?

you better mcdaddy in the mood I've been in lately!!! woohoo.gifDon't mess with Margee!!! zDuivel7.gif

you better mcdaddy in the mood I've been in lately!!! woohoo.gifDon't mess with Margee!!! zDuivel7.gif

I hail thee, Emporess Marg. I only exist to do thy bidding.

I have been waiting for someone (who I am paying really good money to) to do 'work' for me that was supposed to been done, for the past year!! I think today, I might have got his arse goin'...........hopefully!! If not....today I told him I would 'fire' him.

fuck yeah.

ever watch "The Trailer Park Boys" Margee? Plenty of wholesome lingo in there ;-)

Go Margie!! woohoo.gif

You go girl! Take his ass to court if he insists on being a lazy ass!

You say whatever fucking thing you damned well need to in order to get your fucking point well and truly across to shitheads like that.

• Like 1

I have been waiting for someone (who I am paying really good money to) to do 'work' for me that was supposed to been done, for the past year!! I think today, I might have got his arse goin'...........hopefully!! If not....today I told him I would 'fire' him.

Hell yeah fire him! You must have the patience of a Saint! I wouldn't have waited week if at least some progress hadn't been made.

And yet, another reason I can never be a Christian. You're encouraged to be a doormat and are made to feel guilty for even thinking about standing up for yourself. And if you complain about how unfair it is, you'll get crap about you shouldn't question God's wisdom and just be thankful you're not in hell.

It's pure evil.

• Like 1

And yet, another reason I can never be a Christian. You're encouraged to be a doormat and are made to feel guilty for even thinking about standing up for yourself. And if you complain about how unfair it is, you'll get crap about you shouldn't question God's wisdom and just be thankful you're not in hell.

It's pure evil.

Well this is exactely what I am saying Jack!! I was taught that it was wrong to speak your mind or give an opinion unless it went along with the 'tribe' you grew up in. If you didn't agree - you got your hand slapped and you were shamed for saying what you really felt.!!

Then the christian mindset tells you to treat everyone as you would treat yourself.... love your enemy...forgive 70 x 7 or you can't get forgiveness!! You might even go to hell!! Wendytwitch.gif We were never allowed to question all the 'authorities'... I don't know about any of you guys - but I was brought up and trained to be a god-damned people pleaser. Musn't talk back to your elders, politicians, doctors, lawyers, pastors, teachers or anyone who might be a bit 'smarter.' Then we were taught that the customer is ALWAYS right. Don't 'buck' your friendships or any relationship...even if they're toxic!!

I'm sick of it all. I allowed a lot of people to lead me around throughout my life, because of this. It is only in the last couple of years that I have really started to make a stand. It feels good to finally know myself and I will allow no one to steal that little bit of freedom away from me again.

I am so happy for the young people on Ex-c to learn this lesson early in life..to stand up for yourself.

Margee is becoming a total bitch....it's fun....I like it.....firedevil.gif .... and I don't really care if people disaprove. There will always be people who will like me for who I am.... even with my new-found assertiveness....

Warning (Jenny Joseph)

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple

With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.

And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves

And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.

I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired

And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells

And run my stick along the public railings

And make up for the sobriety of my youth.

I shall go out in my slippers in the rain

And pick flowers in other people's gardens

And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat

And eat three pounds of sausages at a go

Or only bread and pickle for a week

And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry

And pay our rent and not swear in the street

And set a good example for the children.

We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?

So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised

When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

• Like 2