Goodbye Jesus

Does Anybody Else Shiver Every Time They Read The Business Section Of The Newspaper?

Onyx

Or is it an eccentricity? Every time I read that section, when I read of businesspeople's opinions and the stocks as well as simple news reports of companies' movements, I want to take a shower. Is this an aberration or is it a sign of a world going mad?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

In a way the world is mad. The economy is totally caught up in the neofeudal ideology. Technically, it is as much a cult as morontheism. Everything that happens that doesn't fit into the neofeudal ivory tower model is blatantly ignored and denied. We're making the very same mistakes again that lead to the great depression. This time, however, we know better because we have that historical example to learn from - and we're ignoring all the lessons that it taught us back then.

The great depression was a joke compared with what we're heading for.

• Like 1

Guest wester

The business section is the real news section. This is where the ruling class - the people with their boots on your neck - communicate with each other about how they are going to keep the bit in your mouth and the saddle on your back.

Yeah - it makes me vomit most days, but in order to get a real sense of what's going on, i need to understand how these sociopaths perceive and deal with the world so I can understand how to protect myself and how to fight them.

Recommend Chomsky and Herman's book - Manufacturing Consent

Ben Bagdikian's - Media Monopoly

Alex Carey - Taking the Risk Out of Democracy

Elzabeth Fones Wolff - Selling Free Enterprise

Hang tough and stay strong

I read an interesting idea once that the reason the economy was so misunderstood and chaotic was because it was all locked up in electronic money, our actual tangible dollars make not even a fraction of the actual wealth. And because of this the economy is hardly understood anymore and money can radically change positions without anyone realizing it.