Goodbye Jesus

You Must Be Born Again? Bullshit!

raoul

Being "born again" has alot of ritualism attached to it, you must walk an isle, you must pray a particular prayer, some people say you even need to cry which can be traumatizing to some like my self when you dont feel anything involved in those acts.

Being "born again" has alot of ritualism attached to it, you must walk an isle, you must pray a particular prayer, some people say you even need to cry which can be traumatizing to some like my self when you dont feel anything involved in those acts.

Actually, with me, there were alot of feelings involved when I'd gone through it. But now, looking back, I realize that they were just that - feelings and nothing more.

"Born Again". What does that really mean? I submit no one knows.

In the Baptist Church people used to stand up and give "testimonies" and they would always say date and time they were "saved" or "born again" and I'm always thinking that's weird. I thought I might be but how the hell could they be so sure? Then a few years later these same folks would be likely to be walking up the aisle to rededicate their lives to the Lord.

Christians claim they are born again and their lives have "completely changed" and yet I have seen them doing things that show they are not any different from anyone else. Even my dad buys this "changed life" baloney.

• Like 1

"Born Again". What does that really mean? I submit no one knows.

In the Baptist Church people used to stand up and give "testimonies" and they would always say date and time they were "saved" or "born again" and I'm always thinking that's weird. I thought I might be but how the hell could they be so sure? Then a few years later these same folks would be likely to be walking up the aisle to rededicate their lives to the Lord.

Oh gawd, don't get me started on those insipid testimonies you mentioned. LOL

And the 'rededicated' thing is another crappy issue with me. I call it being 're-born again', over and over, blah blah blah.. LOL

You mentioned 'baptist' church and assuming you were involved in it in Florida, that's the southern baptists right? If so, I can only wonder how you escaped it with your sanity.

Hey Raoul, I am sitting here with a glass of wine as I am typing. Yessss!!!

what kind (of wine)? I was drinking Bolla Bardolino which is absolutely fantastic especially with pasta.

You mentioned 'baptist' church and assuming you were involved in it in Florida, that's the southern baptists right? If so, I can only wonder how you escaped it with your sanity.

No Raoul. Hell no (sorry). It wasn't a southern Baptist, my mother thought they were too liberal. It was an Independent Baptist Church where the preacher and the BIBLE are the only authorities. This was in Maryland. It was very bad.

what kind (of wine)? I was drinking Bolla Bardolino which is absolutely fantastic especially with pasta.

Woodbridge Cabernet - my favorite, and I plan to have much more of it before the evening is done!

Woodbridge Cabernet - my favorite, and I plan to have much more of it before the evening is done!

Excellent choice. We've had that with the eye roasts my wife makes. It's slightly stronger than I like but it's still an excellent wine.

Regarding the other reply about Maryland churches - I'm not surprised about how you described it. I used to have to go there on business years ago and found that some of the people down there are almost like rednecks in Dixie.

• Like 1

No Raoul. Hell no (sorry). It wasn't a southern Baptist, my mother thought they were too liberal. It was an Independent Baptist Church where the preacher and the BIBLE are the only authorities. This was in Maryland. It was very bad.

OMFG!!! SHE DAID SOUTHERN BAPTISTS WERE TOO LIBERAL?!???!! WWWWTTTTFFFF

• Like 1

........''it's true, my fellow Apes'' ...''You must be born again to see the kindom of heaven!''

Middle ape thinks the head ape is full of shit.....the last guy thinks it's stupid......

planet-of-the-apes.jpg

Baby ape can't believe his ears and wants to repent..........Wendytwitch.gifeek.gif

monkey-eating_1122948i.jpg

Yes, folks, I know all about this topic. Note how it is all centered upon the self- "I" am saved, "I" am born again.

It is complete and utter bullshit.

........''it's true, my fellow Apes'' ...''You must be born again to see the kindom of heaven!''

Middle ape thinks the head ape is full of shit.....

planet-of-the-apes.jpg

Baby ape can't believe his ears and wants to repent..........Wendytwitch.gifeek.gif

monkey-eating_1122948i.jpg

ROFL!!! Thanks for the laugh.
  • Like 1

Being born again is signing the contract the Mafia Don in the sky Bible God says you cannot reject or you will find yourself in the bottom of a fiery lake with concrete shoes on.

Well put! I couldn't have described it any better - thanks.