Goodbye Jesus

God's Bet With Satan

Lilith666

This sums up my rant:

Guest Babylonian Dream

It's supposed to paint God in a good light, but it really doesn't make him look too good. It just shows its a way for an ancient society to try to find some way, anyway, to explain why bad things happen to good people, in light of the assumption of a good god they just can't match with what they see around them.

Satan doesn't make many apperances in the bible, but when he does, he's the life of the party!

On another note, this might be the first time I've ever understood the book of Job. God was supposed to seem like the good guy, but all I saw was him yelling at this poor man for suffering. I thought I just misinterpreted it, but nope!

pyth.gif

The thing about Satan is that he evolves through out the bible, you can read the bible cover to cover and see how the concept of Satan evolves through it. For example in the book of Job he is God's lawyer, he is a tool of God often called his atourny by some, but by the time revelations rolls around he is the arg enemy of God. The view of Satan reflects the ideas of the time, God is the same way he evolves as well.

I saw a South Park episode which told the story of Job when I was a xtian. I though they must have misrepresented it, but I read through it myself and it was exactly how it was on the episode. I thought this was horrible thing to do, and very childish!