Goodbye Jesus

Why Is This Indoctrination Not Regarded As Child Abuse?

kruszer

I just watched this brief news clip of children growing up in Westboro Baptist's horrible hate church and I think every one of these bigots should have their kids taken away from them permanently until they recant the hate! It should be against the law to indoctrinate an impressional mind with abusive and backward thinking like this!

Granted, this can be said of any religious nonsense and I doubt such a law could pass in this generation, but I feel so sure that a religious practice that teaches young children to grow up hateful and wishing death and violence on others should never be tolerated. Isn't anti-semitism illegal, anyway? It should be!

Religious freedom MUST have its limit - even it fuels these dumb-asses' persecution complex. And free speech my ass! I'm all for tolerance and pacifism but I feel a strong urge to whack these parents upside the head for what they are doing to their precious children! Why the flying fuck is this brain-washing permitted to be inflicted on minors?

If anyone needed a case study for how easily children accept ideologies in which they are raised, this is it! Doesn't the law have a right to say to a parent "no you can't do this to your child even if it is your child, because you are harming him/her"? Why is inflicting this sort of damaging dogma on a blank slate of a mind, not as illegal as physical abuse?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/50r0CnKq7_k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Darwin Dammit! How the flying fuck do we imbed videos on this site anyway?

• Like 1

Ideas aren't the kind of harm from which the government may protect children. Simply put, that kind of fascist intrusion into fundamental family affairs is utterly inconsistent with a liberal society.

If anyone needed a case study for how easily children accept ideologies in which they are raised, this is it!

This past Sunday was the "awards" day at my wife's church for all the kids who completed VBS. We had to sit through a couple of those lame ass canned VBS videos of kids doing the retarded hand gestures in synch with the music. The video was played on a big screen while the VBS attendees gathered down front to sing and mime the actors. Unfortunately my grandson is going to go through 3 consecutive weeks of VBS before it's over. I wonder if the local churches coordinate amongst themselves so as not to compete for attendance. Regardless, he's 6 and already quoting the gospels.Talk about brainwashing.

Ideas aren't the kind of harm from which the government may protect children. Simply put, that kind of fascist intrusion into fundamental family affairs is utterly inconsistent with a liberal society.

But if those ideas are teaching children to be hateful and abusive there must be a law that prevents that before someone raises a kid to be a psychopath or a suicide bomber for their god.

There's VBS brainwashing with verses about how loving and helpful God is, and then there's Westboro Baptist and extreme Islam brainwashing. I think there should be a limit on a parent's unfettered influence into the upbringing of a future member of society.

I have posted this one several times...it is sooo scary to see this.....I find it very tramatic at how we are brainwashed throughout life...

I agree....it's total abuse.......

As much as I don't like Fred Phelps and his brood, I think we need to be very careful about taking away children from parents because of their ideology. I could just see some jackass Christian arguing that atheists (or any other brand of non-Christian out there) should have their kids taken away.

I watched a documentary from the UK about them recently on YouTube. Recently, quite a few of the younger Phelps clan have either left the church themselves or been banished for one reason or another. One girl was sent away for wearing a bathing suit that they felt was inappropriate. The guy interviewed the girl (who was either in her late teens or early 20's) and she was devastated at not being able to see her family anymore. Then he went and interviewed her parents. While they spouted off some of Phelps' bullcrap trying to justify why they sent their daughter away, you could tell they were only into it halfheartedly. It seemed to me that they genuinely missed their daughter, but they couldn't show it because of the pressures from their family/religion.

Really, since I saw that, I've felt more pity for the Phelps' clan than rage. Nobody takes them seriously, and their "trolling" has gotten old. I've watched a few of the counter protests on YouTube as well, and the Phelps' just looked sad and pathetic. The older ones (like Fred and Shirley) are the real monsters, I feel like a good portion of them are only their because they're either too young to leave or know better, or they're so isolated from the rest of the world because of their crazy religion that they don't have anywhere to go. I don't see this group lasting much longer, especially when the older ones die off.

But if those ideas are teaching children to be hateful and abusive there must be a law that prevents that before someone raises a kid to be a psychopath or a suicide bomber for their god.

There's VBS brainwashing with verses about how loving and helpful God is, and then there's Westboro Baptist and extreme Islam brainwashing. I think there should be a limit on a parent's unfettered influence into the upbringing of a future member of society.

You're confusing harmful ideas with harmful acts. Acts are punishable, ideas are not. If a parent encourages a child to commit a criminal act, the parent can be charged with solicitation, conspiracy, and/or as an accomplice. You may want to read up on McCarthyism and the clear and present danger theory that ruined many a life for holding ideas that 'could' lead to crime.

I hesitate to go on, but you're not even concerned with crime. You're concerned with ideas. I agree that Phelps-esque indoctrination is offensive, but please have some perspective. You are advocating that we enable the government to take away someone's child based on what they believe.

As much as I don't like Fred Phelps and his brood, I think we need to be very careful about taking away children from parents because of their ideology. I could just see some jackass Christian arguing that atheists (or any other brand of non-Christian out there) should have their kids taken away.

That has already happened. In child custody cases, the court makes a determination based on "the best interests of the child." In the late 1960s, a court opinion awarding custody to the mother described all the various reasons why it found that a particular father's atheism would be harmful to the child and not in the child's best interests.

I have posted this one several times...it is sooo scary to see this.....I find it very tramatic at how we are brainwashed throughout life...

I agree....it's total abuse.......

Oh wow. That bay is not worshiping, she's imitating the dumb asses around her - and turning around to note their reaction behind the camera. People really are stupid.

By the way, how did you get that video to imbed like that? I can only find a link for pics

Wow. There's a crap load of those on the sidebar when you start looking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=crqgGy2MDJY

This one however made me laugh because of the comments (I'm Kruszer). Too many people asking whether this is legit - and it's so obviously an old recording of Hitler (he even says Fuhrer) lol Christians are stupid indeed.

You've got to be kidding. You want to give that kind of power to the government? With the sheep-fuckers that WE put into office?? :Doh:

From 5:28 on has got to be a pretty fun game for all those kids. What branch does the touching stuff?

Guest wester

Societal "Norms" are social constructs. Once something is accepted in the community of humans, it becomes normalized within the group. My family were a frothing pack of racists and intolerant, abusive, misogynistic, demagogic, closet pedophile, holier than thou fundys. This was all totally normal in my mind when I was growing up. I didn't know any better -> I was a kid surrounded by adults who should have known better. It took a long long time, reading, meeting other people, living in other cities and countries, etc...for me to fully understand the pathological situation I grew up in and really get a grip on all I endured at the hands of irresponsible adults who may or may not have even been conscious of what they were doing.

“The fact that millions of people share the same vices does not make these vices virtues, the fact that they share so many errors does not make the errors to be truths, and the fact that millions of people share the same form of mental pathology does not make these people sane.”

- Erich Fromm - The Sane Society

those videos made me sick. I bet those parents are patting themselves on the back too. Even as a believer I always thought that children should come to religion on their own. It makes it purer.

This past Sunday was the "awards" day at my wife's church for all the kids who completed VBS. We had to sit through a couple of those lame ass canned VBS videos of kids doing the retarded hand gestures in synch with the music. The video was played on a big screen while the VBS attendees gathered down front to sing and mime the actors. Unfortunately my grandson is going to go through 3 consecutive weeks of VBS before it's over. I wonder if the local churches coordinate amongst themselves so as not to compete for attendance. Regardless, he's 6 and already quoting the gospels.Talk about brainwashing.

Sorry, I don't mean to piss you off or anything, but.... I don't know how you did/do it (go to church) or let your children/grandchildren be dumbed down by this bullshit. I used to be ok with people and their beliefs, but the thought of these people spreading their hatered and dumbing down people, just enrages me, let me explain more, say theres a child that would lie to be a doctor and scientist, this child will never reach their pull potential within their church, and the thought of hat happening, especially when I think that child could hold the cure for cancer or something, but only to be suppressed by his bullshit.

Sorry I really don't mean to piss anyone off, but my threshold of tolerance for the Christianity cult has over flowed, now more than ever since a good friend of mine has dived deeper into it and the hatred coming out of his mouth, just, well... I've lost a great friend.

I'm a bit late to the fray here, but I have to call on the absolute malevolent nature of our protection laws. I do not understand how it is okay to tell children they must follow certain rules or face eternal damnation, but if I decide to tell my son that he needs to follow the rules or I am going to make sure his life his hell is considered emotional abuse.

On top of that, this is obvious exploitation. Yes, I fear this is unfair use of this child. Almost to the point of employement.

Darwin Dammit! How the flying fuck do we imbed videos on this site anyway?

great curse.

and to do the embeb " ["media] <<<I use youtube long link here>>>> "["/media]

just remove the "