Goodbye Jesus

Walmart Shopping Injuries

Mike D

For those who may not know, in the US the day after Thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year and many retailers put lots of stuff on sale. Basically it's not a day you want to go out if you hate shopping. That's me.

Anyway I was watching the news and they were showing news video from one Walmart store where when they opened the doors at 5 am there was a stampede to get the best bargins first. Several injuries were reported as shoppers were trampled and pushed out of the way. :twitch:

In one sense this is funny and in another sense it is pathetic. I sit here and think, who would be that desperate for a low price on cheap junk that they'll risk physical injuries and being trampled to get it? Do people in other countries act like this, or is it only in the US?

People are so stupid. You couldn't get me into a Walmart or Mall today. I did go to this dollar store/thrift store combo place. Got 20 items for $21..but it wasn't crowded hardly at all..no bumping into people or shit like that.

I sit here and think, who would be that desperate for a low price on cheap junk that they'll risk physical injuries and being trampled to get it? Do people in other countries act like this, or is it only in the US?

These people.

post-851-1132944629_thumb.jpg

post-851-1132944641_thumb.jpg

People are so stupid. You couldn't get me into a Walmart or Mall today. I did go to this dollar store/thrift store combo place. Got 20 items for $21..but it wasn't crowded hardly at all..no bumping into people or shit like that.

I actually like venturing into a thrift store every once in awhile, you can sometimes find pretty cool stuff (and sometimes valuable) and people just don't realize it and think it's junk. My uncle found a painting of some sort in one that he paid $5 for, and a couple years later it was appraised at $2000. I don't think that would happen at Walmart....

I'm avoiding going anywhere today. It's been snowing all day, and I know that both the roads and the traffic will suck. Besides, I have to work on my story for national novel writing month.

I avoid Walmart like the plague under normal circumstances, but I do shop at the SuperTarget near me sometimes. And the local TJ Maxx, which is basically like going to a garage sale inside a store, although I can never find anything there lately.

I did buy my dad a gift card online, though. That was much, much less stressful than running to the store to get it.

I sit here and think, who would be that desperate for a low price on cheap junk that they'll risk physical injuries and being trampled to get it? Do people in other countries act like this, or is it only in the US?

These people.

Hmm, although most of those people look white. The walmart video of people being tampled they showed on the news most people looked black or hispanic. And no I am not suggesting non-whites are more likely to trample you go get low prices, but it's a given some people are going to think that.

OH, no, no, no......

I just found pictures of some crowded stores. It was nothing like that intended. ;)

Sofi.

Oh no problem didn't think you were. No matter who the people are it's still pathetic, IMO :eek:

Anyway I was watching the news and they were showing news video from one Walmart store where when they opened the doors at 5 am there was a stampede to get the best bargins first. Several injuries were reported as shoppers were trampled and pushed out of the way. :twitch:

In one sense this is funny and in another sense it is pathetic. I sit here and think, who would be that desperate for a low price on cheap junk that they'll risk physical injuries and being trampled to get it? Do people in other countries act like this, or is it only in the US?

Modern day natural selection. Too bad most of them have already bred.

These people.

Hmm, although most of those people look white. The walmart video of people being tampled they showed on the news most people looked black or hispanic. And no I am not suggesting non-whites are more likely to trample you go get low prices, but it's a given some people are going to think that.

Ok, I promise I didn't read this before I made my comment. I'm not racist damnit :eek:

Photo of your typical after Thanksgiving Wal-Mart Shopper.

psychobitch.gif

Modern day natural selection. Too bad most of them have already bred.

Well the first thing I thought was that it seemed like an interesting experiment in social darwinism for the Walmart exec's. (while they sit comfortably in their offices and observe at a distance, of course). Like maybe what's the magic discount number they have to give people before they resort to mob violence to get that price? Or perhaps like the rat-maze where you have them all running to and then fighting for the piece of cheese? I can't help it, those were my first thoughts after seeing the news clip :eek:

Photo of your typical after Thanksgiving Wal-Mart Shopper.

You're probably right. I was actually at Walmart a couple weeks ago (ok I admit it, I went there once), and I noticed next to the checkout line there was a huge rack dedicated to nothing but Joel Osteen's book (the megachurch guy). There must have been 400 copies of the damn thing. Praise Jesus and Praise Walmart :Wendywhatever:

Hmmmmm

You wouldn't happen to know if that was a Walmart in Renton, WA, would you? I heard there was a fight there today.

Deck the malls with rabid shoppers,

Fa la la la la, la la, la la.

Tis the time to call the coppers,

Don we now, Ace bandage wrapping,

Fa la la, la la la, la la la.

Walmart's glad you went broke shopping,

Didn't Walmart have something like this happen last year too? Is it always Walmart?

These people.

Fucking hogs at the trough. That's all they are. The very pinnacle of society and evidence that we may be the next extinct species.

Maybe it's for the better.

I'm avoiding going anywhere today. It's been snowing all day, and I know that both the roads and the traffic will suck. Besides, I have to work on my story for national novel writing month.

I avoid Walmart like the plague under normal circumstances, but I do shop at the SuperTarget near me sometimes. And the local TJ Maxx, which is basically like going to a garage sale inside a store, although I can never find anything there lately.

I did buy my dad a gift card online, though. That was much, much less stressful than running to the store to get it.

It's been snowing all day today in Minneapolis, but chris and I went out today to do some light grocery shopping. We drove 15 miles into the Heart and along the way we've seen cars in the ditch, towing trucks, cops, ambulances, and even one SUV flipped upside down on the way. It's nuts out there.

Best Buy, Target, CompUSA, Wal-Mart; fuck... they are all packed. I can't believe this shit.

It's been snowing all day today in Minneapolis, but chris and I went out today to do some light grocery shopping.

Hey, I live in the Twin Cities too. ;)

I went out and got my holiday cards, but I waited until after 4 pm. The Hallmark shop was playing Jesus Loves Me. I almost left, but I just wanted to get them and get it over with.

It's been snowing all day today in Minneapolis, but chris and I went out today to do some light grocery shopping.

Hey, I live in the Twin Cities too. ;)

I went out and got my holiday cards, but I waited until after 4 pm. The Hallmark shop was playing Jesus Loves Me. I almost left, but I just wanted to get them and get it over with.

jesus christ on a pogo-stick, why didn't you say so? Do you ever go to the Socrates Cafe meetings?