Goodbye Jesus

I Lost One Of My Cats Today

Will02

Today I had to put down one of my cats. Marble was 19 (rounded to the nearest year, I can't remember the exact month my family got him) and I can't remember a time when he wasn't around. He was always a good cat (he didn't take shit from anybody) but recently he seemed to be losing it... instead of using the litter box he started pissing all over the floor. This got worse until it was happening several times a day and the cat didn't seem to know where he was half the time (the vet thought he had a stroke). It would be pointlessly cruel and selfish to keep him alive in that condition because he wasn't showing any improvement.

I went out and dug the grave (with my current health issues it was really fucking difficult but the cat deserved a proper burial, dammit), took the cat in, and then took the body home and buried it. I felt terrible earlier today because I knew I would never see Marble again, but it got a little bit easier after it was over and done with. Tomorrow I’m going to order a proper marker for the grave and fix it up as much as I can.

RIP Marble. You had a good long life and I’m going to miss you.

post-18127-0-66947100-1342575667_thumb.jpg

• Super Moderator

Very sorry to hear it.

Will, I am so sorry to hear that you lost your friend Marble. I am glad, though, that it sounds as though he had a long, good life, and it's clear he had a good human. My Mitten sleeps under the sage next to the north barn. My heartfelt sympathy.

I'm so sorry. I have two cats and one of them is getting older. I've had him for eleven years. He drives me crazy quite a lot, but he's still my little boy.

Again, I am sorry. RIP Marble.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the sympathy, it's been a really shitty day.

I feel like I made the right decision, but it's not something I did lightly. For the last few days I was preparing myself for this (for all the good it did me in the end) and hoped that I wouldn't find him dead in his bed one morning. Towards the end he spent most of his time sleeping and I think he was mostly blind.

my sympathies, i have had to put 3 of my 4 cats to sleep. It doesn't get any easier.My last one is Charlie and he is 18 this year.

So sorry to hear, Will. Sounds like you have done the best and kindest thing for dear old Marble.

Sorry to hear that, I buried a 4 month old kitten that we'd had for only 2 1/2 weeks a couple of years ago. Still broke my heart even though We didn't have her long, she was a gift to my mother after her friend of about 30 years died.

She was very enthusiastic about food but then she wouldn't eat it. She got so weak that she couldn't even relieve herself, we never found out what was wrong with her :(

I hope you feel better soon, it's hard losing a furry friend.

*raises bong*

To Marble.

Sorry to hear that, I buried a 4 month old kitten that we'd had for only 2 1/2 weeks a couple of years ago. Still broke my heart even though We didn't have her long, she was a gift to my mother after her friend of about 30 years died.

She was very enthusiastic about food but then she wouldn't eat it. She got so weak that she couldn't even relieve herself, we never found out what was wrong with her sad.png

I hope you feel better soon, it's hard losing a furry friend.

Sounds like Feline Infectious Peritonitis. It's a mutation of the coronavirus. It's what we worry about Wednesday having, because she has the coronavirus antibodies. Don't feel guilty- FIP is the one thing that cannot be treated in cats. Sounds like she had the wet version because of how quickly she deteriorated. I'm so sorry you went through that.

Will, I am so sorry for your loss. I know that pain only too well.

Sending you a hug.

I'm sorry, Will. (((hug)))

Will,

I'm so sorry for your loss! Well, Marble is now with my kitty, Smokey, that I had for eleven years.

Just in case there is a hereafter, I just asked The Smokester to treat Marble well, and to show him all the ropes. :)

<hugs>

• Like 1

I know just how you feel and my deepest sympathies go out to you. The pain will go away but you will never forget your baby.

I'm sorry. It sound like Marble was ready to go and you made the right decision for him. You must have given him a good life if you kept him going for 19 years!

It always hurts when they go though. I'm sorry for your loss.

I am so, so sorry Will. I too am familiar with the pain of having to let go of our 'fur friends'. Feels the same as a human to me.....Marble sounds like he was a wonderful friend. I think what makes it so hard is that a lot of time...... they are better than people. They just have such unconditional love...

I have a 16 year old right now that I am trying to make a desision....Its absolutley awful.....

huge hug for you today, my friend.

Will, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like you were a wonderful caregiver for Marble. Hugs to you today.

Sucks. Sorry for your loss. Animals are better than most of the people I know.

I've buried two cats this year. One 18 the other 3 weeks. I have two others. One of them Mabel, was a Pound kitty and acts like a dog. I even taught her to play fetch. She see's me out the door in the morning and literally greets me when I come home from work. Sits in the window and watches me if I'm outside and follows me everywhere inside, even sits on the sink and waits while I take a shower. If I stop for a second she's on my lap. Gonna hurt when she leaves but I'll have her cremated and on my desk til I'm gone.

Lost my sweet pup earlier this year. I can so empathize with your pain. Peace.