Goodbye Jesus

God Is A Bastard.

JoshB0XX

Lets all put on our pretend caps for a moment. Pretend that you are once again a Christian.

In the beginning God created a universe full of constants, morality, and bliss. He then took possibly the most ignorant of man and woman to ever exist, the ones with the literally no life experience, and set up for them a trap. "You can have all this, BUT NOT THAT!!" Now in any childlike mind, like Adam and Eve's undoubtably were, the obvious answer is that curiosity killed the cat. Regardless of serpent interference or not, they would have eventually eaten from the tree of knowledge, period. So from the beginning, we were set up to fail.

NOW, because of man's disobedience, we have been cursed to a world of constants, immorality, and suffering. Lets move further down the line. We now know after millenniums of suffering, that we have been given this divine chance, a chance to accept God as our Savior by faith alone, or to deny him and face torment by certain hellfire. Now our good Father knew that we were creatures of free will. He knew we would question. He knew that we would scientifically advance. He knew that we would be looking at all of these constants of the universe, and use them to try to find our origins. However, knowing all of this, he still left no truly unique evidence of his existence, and demands blind faith for salvation. (not Clapton and Winwood)

Pretend caps off please.

So that is your God, Christians? A God that willingly decided that he would create billions and billions and billions of lives, and damning to hell any that advanced their thinking to a point where they decided that God even just might not be real. A God that give us universal constants, then expects us to ignore them?

Ultimately, my point is, even if I'm wrong, and God is real, he is a fucking asshole. If the goal of your life is to brown nose God long enough to be promoted to heavenly worshipper (ass kisser), then power to you. I'd rather burn for eternity than give in to that psychopath's will.

• Like 3

Guest Valk0010

Yeah and somehow they think a pyschopath has a right logically or morally to dictate how we should live. The fact that the god of the bible as depicted acts like he has a right to tell anybody how they should lives and does all the stuff he supposedly does shows two options. Either that god is evil, and therefore no different then the devil, and/or he is just a man made god coming from people of a way different moral sense because they were in the bronze age. Both of those options make Christianity impossible to believe in.

• Like 1

Exactly. Abraham's god is a crazy asshole.

I'm agnostic about his existence, but I wouldn't worship him, based on reports.

• Like 1

Not even the commandments are unique either. Similar, yet more extensive laws were found etched in stone at the ruins of Babylon. Moses was a fraud!

• Like 1

God is merely a reflection of the peoples that constructed him, so God is not the bastard but are the men who created him.

• Like 3

God is merely a reflection of the peoples that constructed him, so God is not the bastard but are the men who created him.

Exactly, OG.

Yes Ophelia! I was speaking figuratively of course! Either way, I smell bastard.

• Super Moderator

If that god existed, he would be quite the dick. Good thing he doesn't.

I hate admitting this, but if I had to pick between licking God's hairy, fungal toes for eternity while believing I am happy, and burning forever in separation from everyone who is important to me, I would take the fungal toes.

That's the main reason I stopped being Christian. I could not accept that God would even risk something as horrible as hell for us, but according to the bible, it's the destination of most of humanity. Yeah, I've heard all of the apologetics and tried to rationalize it as our choice, but in the end, we're only as capible as God made us. And even if you can spin it to "choice", sending people to hell for making the wrong choice is extremely unjust.