Goodbye Jesus

Colorado Shooting As An Atheist

roadrunner

The melodramatic news coverage is sickening. Every reporter asks "when the shooting started and those around you fell, how exactly did you feel in that moment?"

Somebody speak the truth:

"I shit my pants, screamed like a little girl, and ran like hell. what do you think I felt you fuckin' idiot?"

• Like 3

Haven't been on FB to see what is being said.

That said however anyone who wish MORE violence to fix the world needs to seriously have their head examined.

I don't mind the prayer sentiments, but I gotta tell you, it's really pissing me off that the same assholes who fill up my news flow with all the support our troops crap find this a tragedy but go about their daily business without a careless thought when this and worse occurs to innocent victims overseas at the behest of our troops. Makes me think they value the lives of some and not the lives of others just by chance of geography.

And just wait until all this good will and fear leads to Patriot Act II and the installation of TSA in all public places. The US is going to look like Brown Shirt Germany in a few more years.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I tend to agree with you......

Haven't been on FB to see what is being said.

That said however anyone who wish MORE violence to fix the world needs to seriously have their head examined.

I don't mind the prayer sentiments, but I gotta tell you, it's really pissing me off that the same assholes who fill up my news flow with all the support our troops crap find this a tragedy but go about their daily business without a careless thought when this and worse occurs to innocent victims overseas at the behest of our troops. Makes me think they value the lives of some and not the lives of others just by chance of geography.

And just wait until all this good will and fear leads to Patriot Act II and the installation of TSA in all public places. The US is going to look like Brown Shirt Germany in a few more years.

The future is even now upon us Vigile: TSA even managed to Pants Captain Kirk!

But, I'm afraid that HE was the one wearing the brown shirt--black jacket though. . .

Wow, got curious to see if I was using the right statistics and looked up the new one from the CDC... it's up to 9 people every minute that die from violence now. So, since I was talking on the phone and working while I was typing that post and it took me 16 minutes, that means 144 people died violently while I was typing that.

Stop killing people while you type. You're more prone to typos while shooting those around you with a machine gun. :-)

My coworker just walked over to my desk to see what was so funny...

On a serious note, the people who are trying to politicize this are fucking idiots. I heard someone postulate that it is a setup because Obama needs to get re-elected and he's the more likely candidate to pass stricter gun-control laws.

Seriously? Fucking seriously?

I own a gun. It sits right by my bed for *gasp* home defense. It's a revolver because I figure anything that takes more than six shots from a S&W .357 Magnum to kill isn't going to die if I hit it ten times with a 9mm.

I don't bring it anywhere because what's the point? If something like this happened where I was, let's say I had a gun...

It's dark. It's loud. There's fucking tear gas and mass hysterical confusion. I pull out my gun, take aim... and incidentally make myself into a target. I get shot, but let's say I squeezed off a round before the hydrostatic shock flips my ON/OFF switch permanently to OFF... did I hit the guy?

No? Well there's a pretty significant chance I plugged an innocent bystander. Hurray! Body count is one higher due to my uncontrolled high-velocity slug blowing brains all over the popcorn-coated floor and he's still firing into the crowd.

Yes, let's say my round connected... well, if it hit his Kevlar, he'd have a shitpot full of broken ribs, but he'd still be up and firing and now he's pissed off. I'm still dead and people are still dying. Awesome.

The best thing to do in situations like this is exactly the defense mechanism you'd automatically do anyway... panic in a herd and run away. The lion can't eat everyone and the frightened prey animal in your brain knows it.

• Like 1