Goodbye Jesus

Want to get involved in a freethought organization...

pandora

How do I find any atheist or freethought organizations? A web search revealed a website that hasn't been updated since 1999.

:ugh:

I could visit a Unitarian church for some contacts, but I would rather just find the website go directly to a meeting.

Any ideas are welcome. I live in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Ok, I found one... www.indyathiests.org but I would rather go to a freethought group. anyone a member of one with an Indianapolis chpater?

Try one of those "Meetup" groups. I think its meetup.com. Go from there.

How do I find any atheist or freethought organizations? A web search revealed a website that hasn't been updated since 1999.

I could visit a Unitarian church for some contacts, but I would rather just find the website go directly to a meeting.

Ok, I found one... www.indyathiests.org but I would rather go to a freethought group. anyone a member of one with an Indianapolis chpater?

http://socratescafe.meetup.com/

I go to the Socrates Cafe meetings near where I live, once a week. It's fun to philosophically think about the question at hand. See if there is a place near you.

I've done searches for agnostic and atheist groups in MN. There are some, but they tend to meet in downtown Mpls. or St. Paul, where it's expensive to park.

http://socratescafe.meetup.com/

I go to the Socrates Cafe meetings near where I live, once a week. It's fun to philosophically think about the question at hand. See if there is a place near you.

Heh.... already have attended a few of those. They meet at my University's Starbucks once a month and discuss some philosophical question and an assigned reading... mostly students, however, attend... not many people outside of the Butler community attend besides a couple of professors. It is student led too.

As soon as I get done writing my NaNoWriMo novel, I will look into getting the Socrates Cafe' book.

Try googling "Rationalist" along with your state name. Worked for me in Tennessee, of all places.

Got a link for the Tennessee group? I don't live there anymore (thank tha lawd), but my brother might be interested.

Well, I ordered the Socrates Cafe book from B&N.com. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Call me old fashion, but check the classifieds one of your local, free newspaper. Preferably one that has a liberal slant. Normally you have to update those ads every two weeks to a month.

I've found several local freethought organizations this way.