Goodbye Jesus

Left Leaning Xians Alliance With Non Believers

Carolorado

Gives me hope for America smile.png

This is some of our data, from the census we had last year. Don't be fooled by the high figure for christianity, though- a lot of people will put that down because they might have been confirmed as a kid or were raised as Church of England or something. You're more likely to find Aussies at the pub on Sundays than at church lol.

http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/censushome.nsf/home/CO-61?opendocument&navpos=620

This is some of our data, from the census we had last year. Don't be fooled by the high figure for christianity, though- a lot of people will put that down because they might have been confirmed as a kid or were raised as Church of England or something. You're more likely to find Aussies at the pub on Sundays than at church lol.

http://www.abs.gov.a...ment&navpos=620

Pudding... this is a serious question...

Do the toilets in the southern hemisphere flow counter clockwise?

Give me a second while I flush, and I'll report back.

I flushed three times, and observed. To be honest, I couldn't really tell which way the water went- it may depend on the sort of cistern that is used. My toilet just kind of does a bubble thing in the middle. So I can't really say, sorry, apart from a generalised bubbling.

I flushed three times, and observed. To be honest, I couldn't really tell which way the water went- it may depend on the sort of cistern that is used. My toilet just kind of does a bubble thing in the middle. So I can't really say, sorry, apart from a generalised bubbling.

I know most toilets there are designed to conserve water so the results may not be as expected. Here in the US most thrones are big and filled almost to the top, at least the ones have seen are, so it is easy to see what direction the water moves and it does go clockwise here.

I know most toilets there are designed to conserve water so the results may not be as expected. Here in the US most thrones are big and filled almost to the top, at least the ones have seen are, so it is easy to see what direction the water moves and it does go clockwise here.

Well, I'm not sure if full and half flush is what you are talking about with regards to being water saving. But the good old brick in the cistern has been used by many people in order to waste less water. Ask Casey about it sometime in the chatroom- he'll be able to tell you all about the brick in the cistern thing and how it works. Out where he lives, there's a good chance he's got a brick in his own cistern.

Yeah, toilets here in The States flow down in a clockwise direction.

Down Under, they flow UP in a counter-clockwise direction eek.gif . It's kinda like a shit-tornado.

Best thing to do is just get outta there.

The article, though it talk about liberal Christians and the atheist/agnostic community coming together, it gives no examples of such things happening, though there probably are good examples out there......disappointing. The article could have been written better. I think leftist Christians and the non-believers of any stripe would make for great allies, despite their differences. The right-wingers in Christianity see us both as the enemy, lol. Two people that i get along with the best on a local forum I am on are 2 liberal Catholics, they are just as tired of the right wingers as I am.

Btw, some comments talk about libertarianism and atheists/agnostics. I thought that was interesting, I'm a libertarian as well as agnostic.

Guest Valk0010

I think it would be a betrayal of sorts to agree to something like that. We look like pudtzs when they are the idiots and we should be saying fuck your supernatural bullshit.

It'd be an alliance of convenience, not of good moral sense. As they say, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Liberal christians see fundies as deluded as we do, but they don't see themselves as deluded.

It seems like good common sense to me. I've no problem with Christians - I think they're mistaken - and they think I'm mistaken. But the more liberal, decent Christians and I want the same thing - to do our own thing and be left alone. To not have all this nonsense of trying to write religion into our nation's laws. So that's a good alliance. I wouldn't care if America was 99% Christian, and me the lonely one atheist - if those 99% Christians didn't push me to convert, ostracize me, spread lies about me, or try to write their religion into the laws and schools.

Don't do that, and I don't care what religion you follow, you're a decent person not trying to push your beliefs on other people, that's all that matters.

ROFL !!!!

Down Under, they flow UP in a counter-clockwise direction eek.gif . It's kinda like a shit-tornado.

Best thing to do is just get outta there.

Now that sounds like a real shit storm.

mwc

I'm in Ohio and my toilet flushes counter clockwise.

Just sayin'...

I'm sure the direction is determined by the angle of the ports in the toilet and not by your location on the planet.

http://www.snopes.co...ce/coriolis.asp

Dropping the science.

I've seen it first hand. I was in Kenya and the tour stopped at the equator. A man at a gift shop had a bucket of water with a hole in the bottom. He'd fill it it and put a twig in the water that would rotate as the water drained. He crossed the equator and the twig rotated in the opposite direction.