Goodbye Jesus

Dinosaurs And People

roadrunner

So we can all agree that Adam and Eve werent riding a T-Rex around the garden but....

If the asteroid impact near south america did cause enough destruction and made the earth so uninhabitable that dinosaurs couldn't survive or reproduce, where were humans during this period and how did they survive in their primitive state (Of course not upright humans but at least some homo habilis type creature). If dinosaurs ruled the earth and man did not have dominion over earth yet due to lack of technology, smaller brain size, or whatever, given that our species was no more immune to the catastrophic effects of a celestial impact than that of the dinosaur. How did we make it through?

I can understand subterranean life and deep sea creatures surviving to some degree but birds and land mammals should generally had the same fate especially if humans were vastly outnumbered.

Anyone have any input on this subject?

The mammals that existed at the time of the K-T impact were very small compared to the dinosaurs; most of the mammal fossils from the time that survived the impact were small shrew-like or rat-like rat-sized animals, so nothing remotely resembling a human, or even an ape, existed then. Although the impact wiped out virtually all of the larger animals, many of the smaller ones survived, since they didn't require the massive amounts of food that the larger animals did.

Even some of the smaller dinosaurs survived the impact, and continued to evolve alongside the mammals: we call them birds.

Edited to reflect that the mammals of the time were rat-sized, but all of the orders of mammals we know today existed then and survived: monotremes, placentals, marsupials, etc.

Humans weren't around 65 million years ago, mostly small mammalia.

yeah i just did the math and I was WAY off. Sorry its monday and I thought I had a profound thought.

I already knew that dinosaurs and man didnt exist at the same time but somehow that got lost in the details.DUH!! Sorry.

• Super Moderator

But, but...Fred and Wilma? Dino? Hello??????

• Like 1

The tarsier looks a lot like one of the earliest primates on the page that stryper linked to. These animals haven't changed a whole lot in 45 million years.

The tarsier looks a lot like one of the earliest primates on the page that stryper linked to. These animals haven't changed a whole lot in 45 million years.

obviously there hasn't been an evolutionary need to. ;)

obviously there hasn't been an evolutionary need to. wink.png

No, this is proof of God and creationism. I mean, really, if we evolved from tarsiers, then why are there still tarsiers? Huh? Suck it, Darwin, and praise the Lord! Yeah.

obviously there hasn't been an evolutionary need to. wink.png

No, this is proof of God and creationism. I mean, really, if we evolved from tarsiers, then why are there still tarsiers? Huh? Suck it, Darwin, and praise the Lord! Yeah.

Sorry not really into bestiality. So i won't be sucking it.

however if you meant a different it, still not interested, but i am glad a fine upstanding christian like you is comfortable enough to public ask for a blow job from a man.

My grandpa wasn't no monkey.

So we can all agree that Adam and Eve werent riding a T-Rex around the garden but....

If the asteroid impact near south america did cause enough destruction and made the earth so uninhabitable that dinosaurs couldn't survive or reproduce, where were humans during this period and how did they survive in their primitive state (Of course not upright humans but at least some homo habilis type creature). If dinosaurs ruled the earth and man did not have dominion over earth yet due to lack of technology, smaller brain size, or whatever, given that our species was no more immune to the catastrophic effects of a celestial impact than that of the dinosaur. How did we make it through?

I can understand subterranean life and deep sea creatures surviving to some degree but birds and land mammals should generally had the same fate especially if humans were vastly outnumbered.

Anyone have any input on this subject?

Yep. I do Roadrunner.

http://www.passc.net/EarthImpactDatabase/Diametersort.html

If you check out the above link you'll see that the impactor that took out the dinosaurs (Chicxulub, Mexico) made a crater about 150k in diameter.

But look!

It's in good company. Sudbury (Ontario, Canada) is 130k and Vredefort (South Africa) is 160k. There's also seven other craters over 50k in diameter. Let's not forget that this list comprises of the craters found to date. Many will have been eroded away or subducted under continental plates and subsequently destroyed. So these stats are just the tip of the iceberg.

Now let's do a double-take.

How do the Fundies (who say that the Earth is only 6,000 years old and that men and dinosaurs co-existed) account for all these asteroid and comet impact craters?

At least three (Vredefort, Chicxulub and Sudbury) wreaked global devastation.

The seven 50k + impactors would have laid whole continents waste, generating firestorms and year-long periods of global darkness.

The twentynine 20k+ impactors had the punch to wipe out regions like the Eastern or Western seaboards.

The seventysix 5k + impactors would have been able to take out whole cities and their suburbs.

Now, that's an awful lot of destruction to fit into a 6,000 year time-frame, doncha' think?

Time enough for the world's forests to recover from three episodes of total incineration?

Time for the world's ocean's to recover from three severe episodes of sulfuric acid rain, made by the global firestorms?

Time for all the world's animal species to recover from the loss of habitat. loss of food and loss of biodiversity?

By rights, if ALL of these craters were made just a few thousand years ago, how come some of them are 99% eroded, yet other are freshly minted? Surely Noah's global Flood would have eroded all of these craters equally?

NO!

The only answer that makes any kind of sense is that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old and all these impacts happened over that v-a-s-t timespan. 6,000 years is just nuts!

BAA.

yeah i knew all of this before posting but never really thought about our ancestors at the time of dinosaurs.

Believe it or not, I began to be pushed away from chrisitanity by having amateur astronomy as a hobby and learning of this very topic (not dinosaurs but asteroids, etc.). I saw asteroid impacts as a hint that potentially no one was watching the store if you know what i mean. If god were out there he would have shielded us. but thankfully nasa has the NEO program. so Im glad while i was blindly praising jesus science was trying to protect me. THANK GOD FOR ATHEISTS.

And those impacts are one's that have been found.

The Burckle Crater Happened about 5k years ago, they think. It is possible it could have been part of the Noah story if it created the tsunamis they think it did.

It is disputed because, well, it's underwater at the bottom of the freaking ocean, so it's a bit difficult to get to for the kinds of tests they need to do.