Goodbye Jesus

Prayer In School Is Illegal!

sarahlee

Xians are convinced that liberals are trying to make it illegal for kids to pray in school.

Where did this come from? I've never heard of anyone policing prayer in schools before, outside of church that is.

I find it interesting that Christians need the government to recognize their prayer and hold their hand as well.

• Like 2

Every time the issue is raised, their own words need to be thrown back at them. No way can they claim context here. It's plain:

<< Matthew 6:5 >>

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen.

• Like 3

Xians are convinced that liberals are trying to make it illegal for kids to pray in school.

Where did this come from? I've never heard of anyone policing prayer in schools before, outside of church that is.

I think that because an xian's faculties of critical thinking have been compromised is what leads them to this conclusion. Since they are under the misconception that there is a judgmental god that can read their mind and convict them of thought crimes, they feel that the police can also read their mind and will know if they are praying or not. Of course, you and I know that anyone can pray silently in school , the workplace, or anywhere else and nobody knows the difference.

Oh, you mean group prayer led by some authority like a teacher? That's what I want. My taxpayer dollars hard at work.

Every time the issue is raised, their own words need to be thrown back at them. No way can they claim context here. It's plain:

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen.

Perfect! clap.gif

I found this page:

http://www.allabouthistory.org/school-prayer.htm

which is a hoot! Pretty informative, but pretty biased!

Favorite quotes are:

Sup

Supreme Court ruled 8 to 1 in favor of abolishing school prayer and Bible reading in the public schools. Justice Tom Clark wrote, "Religious freedom, it has long been recognized that government must be neutral and, while protecting all, must prefer none and disparage none." The federal government considers atheism to be a religion, and this Supreme Court ruling favored atheism, at the expense of the Christian majority.

)(bold print mine, underline theirs)

Atheism is a religion? That the Courts favor?

and

The Pennsylvania school system complied with a state law requiring that ten verses of scripture be read every day. The readings were without comment and any student could request to be excused. This case came to the Supreme Court at the same time as the Murray v. Curlett case, and the court ruled on them together. In a nutshell, the court's ruling stated that School Prayer and Bible reading were violations of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment. In ironic fashion, the court established a secular religion for our school system, thus violating the "establishment clause" of the First Amendment.

Secular religion? Isn't that an oxymoron?

You would think, except that they are so good at mental gymnastics and the Babble is, well, such babble that this one is easy for them. They'll just cite something like 1 Kings 8:22 - 23 or 1 Timothy 2:8 and go into contortions to explain how when a bible passage says one thing it really means something completely different.

I found this page:

http://www.allabouth...hool-prayer.htm

which is a hoot! Pretty informative, but pretty biased!

Favorite quotes are:

Sup

Supreme Court ruled 8 to 1 in favor of abolishing school prayer and Bible reading in the public schools. Justice Tom Clark wrote, "Religious freedom, it has long been recognized that government must be neutral and, while protecting all, must prefer none and disparage none." The federal government considers atheism to be a religion, and this Supreme Court ruling favored atheism, at the expense of the Christian majority.

)(bold print mine, underline theirs)

Atheism is a religion? That the Courts favor?

and

The Pennsylvania school system complied with a state law requiring that ten verses of scripture be read every day. The readings were without comment and any student could request to be excused. This case came to the Supreme Court at the same time as the Murray v. Curlett case, and the court ruled on them together. In a nutshell, the court's ruling stated that School Prayer and Bible reading were violations of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment. In ironic fashion, the court established a secular religion for our school system, thus violating the "establishment clause" of the First Amendment.

Secular religion? Isn't that an oxymoron?

I'd say the author needs to look up religion. It's absurd to call atheism or secularism a religion.