Goodbye Jesus

From Brainwashing To More Brainwashing

Margee

This article about a 10 year old bothered me so much this morning. What a shame for this little girl.

I was remembering myself as a 10 year old....the year for me, that my parents split up. It was bad enough that mom and dad didn't get along very well and I had to listen to the two of them fight all the time. I remember... always wondering why mom went to church (and made us go) and my dad didn't. What a confusing time when you are a little girl (or boy) and you watch the adults and believe their every word. We imitate and try so hard to please everyone as a child.

But this little girl is in court, deciding that she wants to convert to christianity from Judaism at 10 years old!

Excuse my language this morning...but how 'mind fucking' this will be, to this dear little girl as she grows older. I just needed to rant to somebody today because this stuff gets on my nerves so bad now...I actually can see the danger of religious brainwashing.

We are NEVER going to evolve until this religious bullshit stops. Maybe, I'm just angry at my own childhood this morning.......Wendyshrug.gif

http://global.christ...t-mother-79428/

Hi Margee-- so sorry for your experience as a child. That must've been traumatic and confusing and it's amazing the scars they reveal... hope you have a good day despite this garbage.

I realize that the judge had to make a decision in this case and at least he went with what the girl wanted, but it's soooo frustrating to see her as a pawn in her parents' lives and trying to please both of them. Terribly sad. Agree with you on the latter part of your statement though... sometimes I don't see any way out until religion is done and done with, and sadly I don't think I'll live to even see the start of that.

Big hugs today!

• Like 1

Hi Margee-- so sorry for your experience as a child. That must've been traumatic and confusing and it's amazing the scars they reveal... hope you have a good day despite this garbage.

I realize that the judge had to make a decision in this case and at least he went with what the girl wanted, but it's soooo frustrating to see her as a pawn in her parents' lives and trying to please both of them. Terribly sad. Agree with you on the latter part of your statement though... sometimes I don't see any way out until religion is done and done with, and sadly I don't think I'll live to even see the start of that.

Big hugs today!

Thanks Wings. Hug back to you!

I know my parents did their best.

I think the thing that makes me the angriest is how wonderfully innocent we are as children...so trusting.....

It's really fun right now to watch my little grandson at 7 .He has not heard anything from me or his mom on religion. We are letting him ask the questions and we are responding with, ''What do you think about this'?. His answers always convince me that I am on the right path. It's amazing when you've been told nothing and have the ability to explore as a child. We want to give him that opportunity.