Goodbye Jesus

So, This Guy Says, And Then She Says, And Then...

raoul

I was a good boy yesterday on my way to the WAWA store to pick up the Sunday papers. I usually put on the old Billy Graham radio program which airs the numerous speeches he made during his preaching days. But yesterday I decided to not listen to his crap because I was in too good a mood to listen to how much I'm a filthy sinner, how I need a savior to save me from myself, how terrible the world is, etc.

So I drove to the store, picked up the papers, and drove home. However, the devil must have entered the car while I was driving because I couldn't help myself. I turned on the radio to one of the two xtians stations in our area. Ole Billy's show was over but another pulpit pimp was regurgitating doctrine and bible verses so I listened in for a while.

He began with "So why did God come down to earth to save us? Was it because we were so good? Was it because we deserved to be saved? Was it because we're just a bunch of nice people?"

I knew what was coming as most of you probably do as well - we've all heard this garbage ad nauseum before. Of course the answer was "No, because all of are sinners, wallowing in sin and totally helpless to save ourselves. So God, in all of his infinite goodness, sent his son whom he loved so much, to die for us on the cross. We should've been put on that cross but he took our place".

As usual, when I hear this crap, I begin talking back to the radio. I responded "So padre, you mean I should have been crucified the fucking day I was born? Maybe that explains why I was in so many ways, growing up in the hell I lived in until I could escape it by joining the Army. Yeah, we're all so fucking rotten that we need to be saved but this begs the question, if we're so fucking bad, why were any of us born in the first place? Got any answers about that padre? I'm sure you do since all of your hypocritical mother f-ers have answers for everything".

I stopped there and switched the channel to the other xtian station where a husband and wife were criticizing our public school system. They kept using the term, liberal educators, along the way. I've found this to be the case with most of them - they're conservative just like Jesus, with his brush haircut, blue eyes, and lilly white skin was. The devil, on the other hand, is one of those dirty liberals you can't trust.

They said something that was curious or more like a Freudian slip. The lady, with her smooth slightly southern accent (they always seem to have a southern accent for some reason) said that she was told by a neighbor's kid who still goes to public schools that the liberal teachers tell the child that 'we can't do anything TO the homosexuals because it's not right'. I thought I may have heard it incorrectly - perhaps the kid had really said 'we couldn't do anything about, not to, the homosexuals'. But I knew I'd heard correctly because if there's one thing I do, it's listen very carefully to what they say because we really have to know exactly what they stand for and how much of a threat they really are to our society.

So, once more, I replied but this time I was shouting. "Oh, you mean to tell me that those dirty, liberal teachers are telling you we can't do anything to gays like hang them or beat them up or anything else you sick, twisted piece of shit"?

But, once more, I stopped myself. And this time I just turned off the radio. I think, from now on, when I go to the store on Sundays I'm just going to leave the radio off and meditate about how incredibly happy I am now that I've shed all of that fantasy laden baggage.

• Like 3

I just listen to classic rock.

The only time I have to listen to that garbage is on Fridays when I eat lunch with my dad in his car. He is sure to turn on American Family Radio because it's "Trivia Friday" but in the meantime, there are several commercials and "Christian worldview news" and the idiots running the show are quick to tell their opinion on anything. They always imply that you're not a Christian if you are pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-Obama, are for the separation of church and state, etc. It's disgusting. The whole Chik-fil-a thing made me want to explode when dad (who sometimes talks to the radio as well) was talking about how "They're only attacking Chik-fil-a because they're a Christian organization..." GAH!

Wow... what point was she trying to make exactly besides "I'm a fundie idiot"?

This is why we are all born in sin...............

perfect.png

• Like 1

I just listen to classic rock.

The only time I have to listen to that garbage is on Fridays when I eat lunch with my dad in his car. He is sure to turn on American Family Radio because it's "Trivia Friday" but in the meantime, there are several commercials and "Christian worldview news" and the idiots running the show are quick to tell their opinion on anything. They always imply that you're not a Christian if you are pro-choice, pro-gay rights, pro-Obama, are for the separation of church and state, etc. It's disgusting. The whole Chik-fil-a thing made me want to explode when dad (who sometimes talks to the radio as well) was talking about how "They're only attacking Chik-fil-a because they're a Christian organization..." GAH!

Oh yes, the AFA, with Donnie Wildemon and the rest of the idiot savant gang. I remember him well and he's the ONE fundy I will never listen to. He's the most insane of all of them.

Every Tuesday morning, I get in my car to go see my psych nurse. As is my habit, I turn on the radio. The only reason I listen to the radio in the first place is because the CD player broke ages ago. I also have difficulty picking up the local stations, depending on where I am at the time (the aerial rusted and got stuck). As a result, every Tuesday morning, without fail, I get trolled by Ray Hadley.

Ray Hadley is one of these talk-back radio hosts who is too dumb to realise how stupid he is. He loves the sound of his own voice, and he can always do a better job at running the country than all the politicians in parliment combined. He seems to have an issue with the idea that we have a female prime minister, just going off the amount of vitriol he sprouts towards her, and he wishes Australia would just go back to the Good Old Days. He always has sources on the inside of every government department that he just can't name, who tell him all the horrific things that dastardly female prime minister of ours is up to. And oh, the outrage, the sheer audacity of that woman and her cronies forcing an end to the morning tea programme at parliment house for visiting school children. How dare they take away a child's juice popper in the name of returning the budget to surplus!! That woman cannot run a country! If she'd gotten married and popped out some kidlets, then she'd understand just how important the memory of a juice popper at parliment house is to a child! How dare she take away their cherised childhood memories! How dare she undermine everyday Australians in this way! The sheer audacity of that woman!

She has ruined the Australian economy. She has scarred the nation's conciousness! When will it end?! When will it end?! Won't anyone think of the children?! And look- the budget is in deficit! The budget is in deficit! She can't do anything right! And now she wants to tax our RSL's and steal our pensioner's lunches! The hide of that woman! We must keep her honest! We must make her answer to me- er, sorry, I mean US! Yes, she must answer to us, that vile woman! She must get back in that kitchen where she belongs, before she steals any more juice poppers from children!

Big breath in.... And out.

Ugh. That guy is such a moron. And any time a half-way intelligent caller manages to get through and disagree with him about something, he shouts at them over and over, about how stupid they are, for the horrific crime of disagreeing with him, and then promptly cuts them off with the 12-year-old mentality that he never matured past.

Oh, and I wasn't joking about the juice poppers. I did actually listen to a whole twenty minute segment on those damn juice poppers. I guess every town has its fool.

This is why we are all born in sin...............

perfect.png

You and those crazy pictures you keep posting! LOL And, once more, it triggers something in my mind. When I was still going to the church thing, one sermon, naturally, was about how we're all sinners including the kid in the pic you just provided. The reasoning? Well, the pulpit pimp demonstrated, in his own sick mind anyway, the behavior of a crying baby. He said that the baby will clench its fists, strain and make other faces, and scream at the top of its lungs until it gets what it wants. He continued by imagining, out loud, what if the baby were the size of a full grown person? Just think of how violent it could be towards others with that behavior!

Pretty sick, eh?

Wow... what point was she trying to make exactly besides "I'm a fundie idiot"?

Actually, I think that's the only point she was making, at least to me. LOL

You and those crazy pictures you keep posting! LOL And, once more, it triggers something in my mind. When I was still going to the church thing, one sermon, naturally, was about how we're all sinners including the kid in the pic you just provided. The reasoning? Well, the pulpit pimp demonstrated, in his own sick mind anyway, the behavior of a crying baby. He said that the baby will clench its fists, strain and make other faces, and scream at the top of its lungs until it gets what it wants. He continued by imagining, out loud, what if the baby were the size of a full grown person? Just think of how violent it could be towards others with that behavior!

Pretty sick, eh?

Sweet mossy....I heard that one too...quite a few times......and I believed it!!!!!! Wendybanghead.gifWendytwitch.gif

Every Tuesday morning, I get in my car to go see my psych nurse. As is my habit, I turn on the radio. The only reason I listen to the radio in the first place is because the CD player broke ages ago. I also have difficulty picking up the local stations, depending on where I am at the time (the aerial rusted and got stuck). As a result, every Tuesday morning, without fail, I get trolled by Ray Hadley.

Ray Hadley is one of these talk-back radio hosts who is too dumb to realise how stupid he is. He loves the sound of his own voice, and he can always do a better job at running the country than all the politicians in parliment combined. He seems to have an issue with the idea that we have a female prime minister, just going off the amount of vitriol he sprouts towards her, and he wishes Australia would just go back to the Good Old Days. He always has sources on the inside of every government department that he just can't name, who tell him all the horrific things that dastardly female prime minister of ours is up to. And oh, the outrage, the sheer audacity of that woman and her cronies forcing an end to the morning tea programme at parliment house for visiting school children. How dare they take away a child's juice popper in the name of returning the budget to surplus!! That woman cannot run a country! If she'd gotten married and popped out some kidlets, then she'd understand just how important the memory of a juice popper at parliment house is to a child! How dare she take away their cherised childhood memories! How dare she undermine everyday Australians in this way! The sheer audacity of that woman!

She has ruined the Australian economy. She has scarred the nation's conciousness! When will it end?! When will it end?! Won't anyone think of the children?! And look- the budget is in deficit! The budget is in deficit! She can't do anything right! And now she wants to tax our RSL's and steal our pensioner's lunches! The hide of that woman! We must keep her honest! We must make her answer to me- er, sorry, I mean US! Yes, she must answer to us, that vile woman! She must get back in that kitchen where she belongs, before she steals any more juice poppers from children!

Big breath in.... And out.

Ugh. That guy is such a moron. And any time a half-way intelligent caller manages to get through and disagree with him about something, he shouts at them over and over, about how stupid they are, for the horrific crime of disagreeing with him, and then promptly cuts them off with the 12-year-old mentality that he never matured past.

Oh, and I wasn't joking about the juice poppers. I did actually listen to a whole twenty minute segment on those damn juice poppers. I guess every town has its fool.

Keerist! He sounds like the clown we have over here - Rush Limbaugh. I guess, with them, there's no originality - they all regurgitate the same garbage day in and day out.

Pretty sick, eh?

Sweet mossy....I heard that one too...quite a few times......and I believed it!!!!!! Wendybanghead.gifWendytwitch.gif

I thought you looked familar - I remember seeing you in one of the pews. LOL

Oh gawd. Christian radio. Why do you torment yourself with the lunacy?

Even reading your post started to twist my brain into contortions. What I don't get is that I can listen to a "normal" secular broadcast and even if I disagree with the perspective, I can appreciate the views on some level. But when I listen to Christian radio or, dog forbid, watch Christian TV, I go from this --> smile.png to this --> Wendycrazy.gif . It's crazy-making on all levels.

Now, turn that religious radio off for good, raoul! Save yourself!

Talking back to the radio, or even the pastor in my head was one of the first signs (to me) that I knew I was losing my faith. It became easier and easier to realize everything I was hearing was complete crap.

I still to this day think about one time at a bible study I went to with a friend, when we were praying at the end, this guy kept saying "The facts are on our side, the facts are on our side." I was thinking "Dude, are you kidding? You don't know anything about science apparently."

Come to find out he was homeschooled.

Oh gawd. Christian radio. Why do you torment yourself with the lunacy?

Even reading your post started to twist my brain into contortions. What I don't get is that I can listen to a "normal" secular broadcast and even if I disagree with the perspective, I can appreciate the views on some level. But when I listen to Christian radio or, dog forbid, watch Christian TV, I go from this --> smile.png to this --> Wendycrazy.gif . It's crazy-making on all levels.

Now, turn that religious radio off for good, raoul! Save yourself!

Thank you doctor. Now where do I send the check? LOL

But you're right. Maybe I'm a masochist - who knows?

Talking back to the radio, or even the pastor in my head was one of the first signs (to me) that I knew I was losing my faith. It became easier and easier to realize everything I was hearing was complete crap.

I still to this day think about one time at a bible study I went to with a friend, when we were praying at the end, this guy kept saying "The facts are on our side, the facts are on our side." I was thinking "Dude, are you kidding? You don't know anything about science apparently."

Come to find out he was homeschooled.

So I'm not crazy since you behaved the same way? Or maybe we're both crazy? LOL

And the homeschool part ain't no surprise my friend. The people across the street have grown daughters who homeschool their kids. Maybe that's why they all look like aliens to me. LOL