Goodbye Jesus

You Don't Know Persecution

OpheliaGinger

Amen to that. Hell, you'd think that American Christians live in Iran the way they complain.

You know what really blows my mind? There are many South Korean pastors who risk their lives to smuggle people out of North Korean death camps; many of them end up in Chinese prisons for years when they get caught. These are Christians doing REAL good, and you only hear about them on our "liberal media" because American Christians are too busy complaining about that "teh fagg0tz kin git merried" or posting pictures of themselves on facebook stuffing their fat asses at Chick-fil-A.

These people should try being disabled for a day. I mean, we disabled folks have it relatively good here in the States, and things have happened to me that would have Christians screaming bloody murder if it was done to them simply because of their religion.

Yeah, OG, this is a real sore spot with me. I have never seen a Christian persecuted in this country, but I've experienced enough discrimination myself to know what it is. Christians have NO CLUE. And many times, they're the ones doing the persecuting. Well, fuck them.

• Like 4

Stop persecuting me by not letting me force my religion on you. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 3

Stop persecuting me by not letting me force my religion on you. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

O but remember its freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM. And how really speration of church and state is about separating us from England's church.

Guest Babylonian Dream

Damn right, you tell them OG!

Or how they say that you need to be tolerant of their bigotry and bigotted opinions of you if you are gay. Like, as if my freedom to marry whomever I want is a legitimate thing they should be allowed to debate with me. And I'm supposed to just take it? Oh, and remember, its me and my gay agenda that is persecuting their poor souls, and not me, I'm part of the illuminati new world order's master plan to control the world....

• Like 2

Damn right, you tell them OG!

Or how they say that you need to be tolerant of their bigotry and bigotted opinions of you if you are gay. Like, as if my freedom to marry whomever I want is a legitimate thing they should be allowed to debate with me. And I'm supposed to just take it? Oh, and remember, its me and my gay agenda that is persecuting their poor souls, and not me, I'm part of the illuminati new world order's master plan to control the world....

I just love that backwards thinking. Somehow gays demanding equal rights is trumping them. Christians are so used to being the majority that people not wanting to be dictated by Christian morals are somehow oppressing them! I blame our prudish culture trying to protect children from anything that might be outside the norm. I remember hearing an arguement against gay marriage saying that parents would have to explain it to their kids. WTF? I wonder if racists back in the day used the same reasoning to justify treating black people as second class citizens. Hey we can't let them get equal rights because of teh children1111!! Even though when you stop to think about it, they have nothing to do with each other!!

• Like 2

I remember hearing an arguement against gay marriage saying that parents would have to explain it to their kids. WTF?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_OnP4JKi08

OH NOES WE HAVE TO TALK TO OUR KIDS!

Guest Babylonian Dream

My friend's daughter has an uncle with a husband, it doesn't do much in terms of confusing her. She still seems like a normal little girl.

My other friend has two moms, don't know if they're married yet, but he seems straight not at all confused.

Guess its only the christian ones that get confused. The christian children that aren't under 18 anymore.

Children aren't as dumb as Christian adults think they are. Do they think that a child raised by only one parent are confused by only having one parent?

atheist-cartoon.gif

• Like 1

OG, did you actually send that to your Mom, or is it just venting here? Either way, great points. Same for others in this thread.

The persecution complex that many American Christians have is downright insane. If they ever experienced real persecution, then they'd love to get back to just not being able to force Christian views and prayers on the general public.

• Like 1

This is a BBC film in 2011 about Uganda and how they want to kill the gays. Just imagine that this is about any other demographic. In any context, religion is actively promoting this. Religion is the sickness we need to eradicate from the planet. So much of this documentary is so sad.

There are 4 parts to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=168gaNmaIFo&feature=BFa&list=ULi3XDkG3aG3s

• Like 1

OG, did you actually send that to your Mom, or is it just venting here? Either way, great points. Same for others in this thread.

The persecution complex that many American Christians have is downright insane. If they ever experienced real persecution, then they'd love to get back to just not being able to force Christian views and prayers on the general public.

My mum called me and I tried to say the above, but because I was so flustered and she kept interrupting me, I couldn't get all of that out. It started with an email claiming persecution because poor wittle Christians can't say a prayer over the intercom at a publicly funded school, so I sent a link to the shootings at the Sikh temple along with a quote that showed that the shooter was a racist who was targeting the worshipers because of who they weren't (white Christians). It flew right over her head.

Simple fact: If real persecution started, most christians in the US would run for another religion or whatever. I think lasts weeks events showed us that with chick filet. Thinking you are doing the Lord's work by buying a sandwhich is really warped when you think of it.

• Like 1

Nice rant, and spot on. Fuck those poor persecuted churchies. They've all got that persecution complex going on cause they're taught to despise the world and society. So many live their whole lives in that shell.

Or be a pagan in the Deep South and have rocks thrown at you.

Fuck christians who cry persecution. They don't have the slightest idea. The middle class privilege blinders are VERY FUCKING THICK with those retards.

"I can't make you be a christian and stop you from acting in ways that confuse me? STOP PERSECUTING MEEEEE!!!"