Goodbye Jesus

Judgement From Uninvited Third Parties

TrueFreedom

Ok, the second party invited him, but he is making me RAGE!

So, out of compassion, my wife decided to help out our bowling coach with some Reiki on his problem arm. It helped him so much that he told a friend of his that she could probably help her. The first question from her husband...., "is she using the devil's power?"

She shared that she had accepted Christ at age 7 and helped people out of love, that it was not demonic. What was his response? Condemning glares...

She did not ask for this. It came on a day of several other disappointments. Faith is so hurtful and outdated!

(Disclaimer: I achieved 2nd level Reiki but haven't used it for many years)

According to My recollection of the history we were taught in the Reiki training course, the founder of the art was actually a Christian teacher whose students asked him "When do we get to learn how to heal people like Jesus did?" He didn't have an answer for them, so he started a search that culminated in the discovery/invention of Reiki.

• Like 1

Lots of Fundies think Reiki is demonic. If it is I know where I'm going- my wife has practiced it for years and I get at least 30 minutes of it daily..

• Like 1

Lots of Fundies think Reiki is demonic. If it is I know where I'm going- my wife has practiced it for years and I get at least 30 minutes of it daily..

For Fundies, if it doesn't have Jesus plastered all over it, it's the devil. My wife and I have been avoiding our fundie family members because we are so far out into what they would consider pagan religion that there would be no point in trying to talk to them about it. She mentioned "healing touch" to them once and instantly there was concern and hesitation. She mentioned that it is used in hospitals and my sister-in-law recognized it and didn't have a problem with it after that. She didn't talk to them about Reiki, hypnotism, channeling, psychic abilities, etc.

I'd have punched him in the dick and said "FEEL THE POWWA OF KIEEERRRAAASSSTA!"

But I have no tolerance for stupid anymore.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if he's such an uberchristian then why isn't he laying on hands then?

*sigh* you just can't be nice to some people...