Goodbye Jesus

James Randi And Ghosts

Guest Valk0010

The education system does an amazingly poor job at teaching people what constitutes valid evidence and examining problems with common anecdotal type evidence. You would think in the modern scientific era that such things would be priority, but clearly this isn't true. And, it's not like it would take more than a class or two to get people's heads straight regarding something that can so profoundly shape their world views. I see this as a major failure.

• Like 1

I enjoy James Rhandi, he is an excellent educator and has taught me alot on how to deal with super natural claims.

Did any of you guys see his debunk program hosted by Bill Bixby? I loved seeing him put people who claim to be spiritually gifted through their paces. The only bummer was water divining. When I worked for a landscaping company, the boss would use divining rods to trace the water pipes. Granted I felt like we were snipe hunting at the time, but dang if he didn't put a flag where there was a buried pipe. I think logically if he was pulling my leg, then it was just looking at the sprinkler heads and connecting the dots, but it was still a cool trick.