Goodbye Jesus

He Said, Then I Said, Then.... Lol

raoul

I've kept the 2 videos separate rather than join them together as has been done before because it makes it easier for you to bypass stuff if you want to...

He said:

Then I said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnTT5xvH7PU&feature=youtube_gdata

GO RAOUL! YO!

I think you did a good job there of making it clear what dodgy foundations Christians have for their flawed beliefs.

Why couldn't Jesus have written the NT himself in the first person, taken responsibility for it and use the Holy Spirit to look after it?

Instead he leaves this extremely important job to 4 other blokes, at least 2 of which he probably never met!

That is even assuming that text is the best way to convey the ultimate message to mankind - which of course it isn't.

In terms of chronological order the NT should have been as follows:

Paul's Epistles c.50-60CE

Mark c.70-110CE

Matthew, Luke & Acts c.80-120CE

John c. 90-130CE

That would have been more honest. Unlike the Xian guy in the vid. What a prick.

GO RAOUL! YO!

I think you did a good job there of making it clear what dodgy foundations Christians have for their flawed beliefs.

Why couldn't Jesus have written the NT himself in the first person, taken responsibility for it and use the Holy Spirit to look after it?

Instead he leaves this extremely important job to 4 other blokes, at least 2 of which he probably never met!

That is even assuming that text is the best way to convey the ultimate message to mankind - which of course it isn't.

In terms of chronological order the NT should have been as follows:

Paul's Epistles c.50-60CE

Mark c.70-110CE

Matthew, Luke & Acts c.80-120CE

John c. 90-130CE

That would have been more honest. Unlike the Xian guy in the vid. What a prick.

You are stealing my thunder my friend! LOL

To explain - I am getting ready to talk about Paul's hijacking of the original Christianity for his own purposes. And the key to it is what you just wrote showing his stuff coming at least 10 years before the first alleged gospel (Mark). The conclusion being - he actually influenced what was written in the gospel accounts because of his sway over the writers..

Well much to my shock, he replied. All comments can be found over at the first video YouTube site.

His reply to my video response:

> Hey Raoul,<br> <br> You know, I have to apologize for my second comment to you. I now see that you responded more when I went to the video, but when I first saw a reply from you in my comments I saw only: <br> <br> 'god's revealed word'??? Oh really? I guess the men who wrote this word were directly from a god."<br> <br> By bad.<br> <br> I must admit that I was trying to get under your skin a little (seems to have worked) by making the comment about you being new to youtube, since I checked how long you have had a channel. However, when someone writes a comment like yours: <br> <br> "Gee, your twisted video has just convinced me once more why you xtian cultists are so devious. Maybe you should read more of Prof. Ehrman's books before making a complete horse's arse out of yourself okay?"<br> <br> Using name calling tactics makes you look amateurish and bush league.<br> <br> But now I am truly impressed. You took time to respond by video! I wish that more people would do that. Thank you for that. It's approved and as soon as I am able I will respond to your response.<br> <br> Did you answer my second question and I missed it? <br> <br> "What was it about Christianity that first agreed with your rational and critical thinking

My response :

You really have to do something about that massive ego of yours. IE: you got under my skin??? Nope, but you did tick me off ONLY because you attacked my mentor, Ehrman, with ad hominems as I stated already regarding the title of your video along with the very beginning of your comment in it about him peddling his books and biblicly ignorant skeptics, etc. You only made matters worse when you distorted what he said and put out a falsehood regarding our bible coming from 2nd century translations of Koine Greek. Believe me - if the 12-20 atheists whom I engaged in during various debates in the past didn't get 'under my skin' as you put it, someone like you - well, you get my drift don't you?

That leads to my 2nd point - oh, you're impressed because you checked out my YouTube channel? That is hysterical because that channel only reflects a few years of my background. How about the TEN TO 12 YEARS I spent in the old days of Prodigy and Compuserve in which I was a Christian Apologist myself!!! If you ever caught any of that then I guess you'd become my love slave, right? LOL

Last point - don't know if I did answer question about rational and critical thinking and how it led me in and then out of Christianity. It NEVER led me into it. What it did was lead me into believing there was a first cause or intelligent design behind the universe. This was the result of my studies in Philosophy and specifically, Aquinas' arguments of First Cause, Augustine's arguments of the Cosmos, along with some of Plato and Aristotles arguments in favor of a designer. In addition, the Kalam Cosmological argument convinced me of the impossibility of actual infinite existence. What then led me into Christianity is what leads most into it - fear of the unknown and death. Maybe I was using Pascal's wager - don't know for sure.

So, what led me out? The same thing - critical thinking along with empirical observations. IE: Even if there was a literal hell, I couldn't care any less after spending 25 years following this Christian cult. It couldn't be any worse than life here on planet earth. I lost any fear of the unknown and/or death. In fact I've come to accept and even embrace the notion because they are merely the next phase of life.

Almost forgot something - please can the compliments okay? They don't work on me. Just try and be more honest in the future - that's all I value.