Goodbye Jesus

God Is Such A Little Trickster

tothemorning

In giving consideration to the validity of the adam and eve story I can't help but ask what was gods real intent on putting that special apple tree within arms reach. Reminds me of mom telling me to keep my hands out of the cookie jar when I was a little boy. My pondering only leads me to think how really silly this story is and that so many of us gave this story so much credibility for so many years. It really goes to show how the need to believe can lead one to surrender there minds to brainwashing to such a deep level on issues that are intellectually superficial. In what other ways does the adam and eve story fall apart?

• Like 2

Guest Valk0010

"adam where are you?"

The story was a explanation of why the world is the shits and how we got here. Creations myths don't tend to be particularly logical as far as I can see.

As is often said, the bible makes way more sense as a myth.

If Eve was made from Adam's rib he was banging himself (same DNA too).

The biggest question I always had was... (I drove the pastor crazy with this one) ...if it was just Adam, Eve, god, and the talking snake...who was the 'stenographer' who stood within eye and ear distance of the garden and wrote all these details down?????

• Like 2

It was all a set up! Supposedly "God tempts no man"...well the garden of eden was one big ass temptation & set up if you ask me.

and if man was supposedly so "perfect" before the fall...how could perfection lead to the "fall"? It makes no sense.

Humans were not perfect, but blamed for that imperfection inherent in all of us. What a crock of crap.

After doing the calvinism thing for years I tossed it all in the garbage because the calvinist god is a real asshole. He saves whom HE will & to HELL with the rest. Only gawd can give one the faith to believe, because "faith" is a gift from gawd, so those who don't believe CAN'T believe because "the carnal man is enmity against gawd" "the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit..."

so people who CANT believe are blamed for it. WTF??? That's like me condemning a blind man for not being able to read. It's fucking insane bullshit. I am amazed at the mental gymnastics they do, I did too to my detriment...but to continue on in this belief is just crazy making if you ask me.

It was all a set up! Supposedly "God tempts no man"...well the garden of eden was one big ass temptation & set up if you ask me.

and if man was supposedly so "perfect" before the fall...how could perfection lead to the "fall"? It makes no sense.

Humans were not perfect, but blamed for that imperfection inherent in all of us. What a crock of crap.

If prior to biting the apple they did not have knowledge of good and evil, right and wrong then how can they be held accountable for being disobedient?

• Like 2

So we have 4 beings in the garden...Adam and Eve, God and the Devil and an apple tree and this is the sick twisted mind game that was played. WTF? The writers of ol' could have taught Quintin Tarantino a thing or two.

• Like 1

If prior to biting the apple they did not have knowledge of good and evil, right and wrong then how can they be held accountable for being disobedient?

Absolutely! The whole thing is crazy & from that all have fallen into sin???...what a bunch of bullshit.

I always think that in order to make a good 'plan' for anything you want to attract, purchase or 'create' - you must have a good plan.You take the time, sit down and figure out all the details on how you want something to work out for you....isn't this what planning is all about?

So, to me, the old testament god MUST have 'planned' this whole story and wanted it to happen this way??? I mean..if he made the earth, sun, moon, stars, universe, animals, fish, wildlife, water, plants and trees....he REALLY screwed up his own human race. We are talking about the creator of the whole universe here!!Wendytwitch.gif

It's like a good father lurking out in the garden, setting his kids up for big failure and watching them fail??????? Surly, he had more power over this part?? He is the BIG BRAIN, isn't he??

I know,I know....he made us to have free choice........Wendyshrug.gifWendywhatever.gif

The biggest question I always had was... (I drove the pastor crazy with this one) ...if it was just Adam, Eve, god, and the talking snake...who was the 'stenographer' who stood within eye and ear distance of the garden and wrote all these details down?????

And who was Cain supposed to take as a wife in the land of Nod if there was only Adam, Eve, Cain? None of it makes since and I think even we, as children detected the unlikelihood of the story.

• Like 2

God knows everything... He knows the future... He knew the choice they would make but the placed the tree there anyway.

Nice guy, that God.

Add to that, that you and I are held accountable for something Adam and Eve should not have even been held accountable to and it even further complicates matters.

Is it fair or just to hold others accountable for what their ancestors had done generations prior? No.

• Like 2

The biggest question I always had was... (I drove the pastor crazy with this one) ...if it was just Adam, Eve, god, and the talking snake...who was the 'stenographer' who stood within eye and ear distance of the garden and

wrote all these details down?????

God must have told the story to Moses, who is supposed to have written Genesis.