Goodbye Jesus

Just Found This Funny...

Kurari

I enjoy debate, and I've gotten into it about evolution with some Christard that has some very interesting ideas on where the world and life came from. It's hilarious. Look at this latest response.

"Evolution-

Nothing exploded and everything was there (cosmic evolution) the origin of time, space and matter. Elements randomly started to form over billions of years (chemical evolution) the origin of higher elements form from hydrogen; however, we can not explain how some elements exist or where they came from. The stars and planets started to form (stellar & planetary evolution). Yet we have never seen a star or planet form ever. Life formed from torrential rains on rocks for millions of year creating a cosmic soup which life emerged from (organic evolution). Then from that cosmic soup, an asexual single celled organism turned into an asexual multi-celled organism, to a sexual fish-like animal, to an amphibian-like animal, to a reptile, to primate like animal or bird, to the human being we see today. (Macro evolution) Changing from one kind to another.

Evolutionist like to try and prove this by micro evolution saying 1 million small changes show one kind of animal turning into another kind of animal. Sorry, but that does not happen.

A coyote, a wolf and a dog are all the same kind of animal which yes, have evolved into different species or breeds from a common ancestor, a dog lol."

Fundies say the darndest things.

Besides for religion's hold on people, I think evolution is really hard for the average person to grasp. The "basic" description of it sounds silly to them. And if you give them "easy to read" materials, they can udnerstand it better, but those materials don't usually contain the "proof". But when they're given the really complex materials full of tons of proof, they have trouble understanding it, or taking the time to read it.

Thus, we have a society of willfully ignorant people that think they "know better" via "common sense".

I enjoy debate, and I've gotten into it about evolution with some Christard that has some very interesting ideas on where the world and life came from. It's hilarious. Look at this latest response.

"Evolution-

Nothing exploded and everything was there (cosmic evolution) the origin of time, space and matter. Elements randomly started to form over billions of years (chemical evolution) the origin of higher elements form from hydrogen; however, we can not explain how some elements exist or where they came from. The stars and planets started to form (stellar & planetary evolution). Yet we have never seen a star or planet form ever. Life formed from torrential rains on rocks for millions of year creating a cosmic soup which life emerged from (organic evolution). Then from that cosmic soup, an asexual single celled organism turned into an asexual multi-celled organism, to a sexual fish-like animal, to an amphibian-like animal, to a reptile, to primate like animal or bird, to the human being we see today. (Macro evolution) Changing from one kind to another.

Evolutionist like to try and prove this by micro evolution saying 1 million small changes show one kind of animal turning into another kind of animal. Sorry, but that does not happen.

A coyote, a wolf and a dog are all the same kind of animal which yes, have evolved into different species or breeds from a common ancestor, a dog lol."

Fundies say the darndest things.

Lol, i recently went through an anti science Christian pamphlet and marked out every false or deceitful statement that was in there, there is not much left to the book. These people build so many straw men its unreal. Do you think your really smart enough to challenge 3.6 million biologist on something? I guess they are not.

• Like 2

Is this an argument on facebook?

Is this an argument on facebook?

No, it's through a private YouTube conversation.

Here's the problem with the "micro" evolution argument: Once you've allowed that genetic change occurs over time, there's nothing to stop the changes from accumulating enough to cause genetic incompatibility between populations, ie., speciation or "macro" evolution.

The answer to "Micro evolution happens, but macro evolution doesn't," is, "What's stopping it?"

I've never once heard anyone say they didn't believe in evolution who could then accurately explain it.

So far his position is to deny believing anything I've given him is true. I pointed out to him that simply denying belief in things isn't a contradiction to anything I've said. He hasn't been able to come up with anything to support why he believes his view to be true.

Now he's trying to squirm away and gave me a bunch of the "persecuted Christian" lines from the Bible. Not unexpected.

I'm playing the cat to his mouse. zDuivel7.gif