Goodbye Jesus

What Does Your Signature Mean?

Endemoniada

Since there was a thread for explaining people's avatars and names, I figured that starting one for explaining why particular signatures were chosen would be a good idea.

Mine is a quote from the anime movie Ghost in the Shell (anyone who calls themselves an otaku and has not seen this movie should be ashamed of themselves), and personally refers to the fact that the world and all of its possibilities have been opened to me now that I have shed my religious beliefs. I am now a new creature.

just like Kusanagi after she and the Puppet Master merged at the end of the film.

• Like 1

I have in interest in the philosophical implications of what immortality really means and that quote by Carl Sagan is about the closest i get to spiritualism. Then of course there is the evolution picture but that is self explanatory.

• Like 1

In my youth I had been a rabid fan of, among others, the Art of Noise; when they disbanded some 20 years ago I was quite disappointed. I but recently stumbled over the info that they rejoined around '99 and made another CD, ordered it... and since then I'm hooked totally again, as if there had never been a pause.

The entire CD is one hour-long declaration of love toward French composer Claude Debussy, and my sig is a quote from the most amazing track. If all what's said about Debussy in the lyrics is true I need to do some serious research about him... he must have been a true genius. That track celebrates what they call... well you see in my sig what the track name is. I love that term. :)

• Like 3

I am always investigating this concept of 'matter' in the universe and how it contributed to 'life'.. I especially have a fasination for our star, the sun. http://imagine.gsfc...._l1/corona.html

This you tube would explain mine the best. I have a huge interest to find out if there is a 'conciousness' that may exist between everything in the universe. I guess I am saying that I am believeing at this stage, that the whole universe may be a living, breathing entity and we are just part of that.......

Is it possible that we are recycled stardust, powered into recycled energy and light?

I just like the concept......biggrin.png

• Like 2

I don't look at mine as a signature...I look at is as giving the middle finger.

To who? GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif I never realized you were in favor of killing the liberals... well i guess i should of known.

Guest Valk0010

I am a atheist, and have been going through a really rough year and so I like the norman finklestein quote.

The others are sort of obvious.

In my youth I had been a rabid fan of, among others, the Art of Noise; when they disbanded some 20 years ago I was quite disappointed. I but recently stumbled over the info that they rejoined around '99 and made another CD, ordered it... and since then I'm hooked totally again, as if there had never been a pause.

The entire CD is one hour-long declaration of love toward French composer Claude Debussy, and my sig is a quote from the most amazing track. If all what's said about Debussy in the lyrics is true I need to do some serious research about him... he must have been a true genius. That track celebrates what they call... well you see in my sig what the track name is. I love that term. smile.png

OMG I forgot about that group...loved them in college but when I found jeezuz I stopped listening to that. My gawd...Cabaret Voltaire were cool among others. I'm back listening to stuff I enjoyed when I "got converted". Like I'm picking up my life where I left it off.

6001942418_974398a3b8_z.jpg
  • Like 2

And this:

close-up-portrait-smiling-face-fibonacci-spiral.jpg

Oh my goodness, I'd never noticed that before! Just. Freaking. Awesome.

Well, my signature is a quote from Jean Webster. I have it there for a number of reasons. Partly, to remind myself to read some of her books; and partly because what I have learned of her already inspires me.

But regarding the quote itself, it just really appeals to me. It beautifully expresses the idea that if you don't change as you go through your life, then you're weird. I'm not the weird one, you are. And I like that, because I have been the weird one way too many times :)

• Like 1

In my youth I had been a rabid fan of, among others, the Art of Noise...

OMG I forgot about that group...loved them in college but when I found jeezuz I stopped listening to that. My gawd...

Yay I'm not alone! :)

• Like 1

I've changed mine a couple or three times since I've been on here. The current one is something I ran across somewhere while reading that seemed to make some sense - although I don't believe there is a God deliberately hiding somewhere.

• Like 1

Haaaah, I just changed mine from Tool lyrics from "Lateralus" (TrailBlazer, they play with your sig in that song, I believe. :D) to this. Because Tom Robbins rules, and I'd suggest any and all of his books, especially to the newly deconverted. This one is just the latest one I've read - but it has VATICAN ASSASSINS AND A JESUS MUMMY!

Go get it.

And yes, we really do just pretend we're something different. :3

• Like 1

Obviously, mine says I find the Bible to be full of shit.

• Like 1

Mine is real simple...some lines from the story "Yertle the Turtle" by Dr. Seuss. If you click the link you can see the whole story read by John Lithgow.

My sig is the part in the story where one little turtle realizes he's taken ENOUGH abuse & finally gets MAD. That's how I felt when I woke up from my True Churchtm nightmare.

I was raised with Dr. Seuss stories, but after I found jeezus it seemed Dr. Suess was considered ....unorthodox. Fortunately I did read Dr. Suess to my kids kind of on the sly.

Our group didn't celebrate xmas...every fucking thing was sinful except church. I didn't read "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" for decades...but as soon as I left the cult, I devoured the Dr. Seuss

books that I kept at bay during my years in the christian insane asylum.

Dr. Seuss really understood human nature.

200px-Yertle_the_Turtle_and_Other_Stories_cover.pngyertle turtle1small.jpg

• Like 1

Its a lyric from Ani Di Franco's "Self Evident" which reflects my dedication to supporting abortion rights and its a statement against the fanatic extremism doctors and workers at clinics have to face constantly.

The other one, its a quote I found somewhere that just makes me laugh.

• Like 1

which is entirely appropriate.

EDIT::

He is the fly in the ointment.

He is the empty roll when you have to go.

He is crotch rocket that cuts you.

This is BO.

which is entirely appropriate.

EDIT::

He is the fly in the ointment.

He is the empty roll when you have to go.

He is crotch rocket that cuts you.

This is BO.

You can also add something....I AM NOT DULL!.......smile.png

no that you certainly are not.