Goodbye Jesus

Parents Group Offended By Implied Nudity

Ramen666

http://living.msn.com/family-parenting/the-family-room-blog-post?post=490026f6-ba1d-4024-a8c9-a64b97010ffd

Watching TV with your kids probably isn’t the best way to spend an evening, but it’s what many of us often do nonetheless. As such, we try to select shows that will be appropriate. That means no crazy violence, and no nudity or sexual content. According to researchers at the Parents Television Council (people whose tough job it is to count the number of times they see naked people on TV), these cleaner shows are becoming much harder to find. Specifically, they are reporting a significant increase in pixelated private parts or other suggestive scenes in which naked body parts are obscured by other objects or barely hidden behind towels.

I'm offended by just about everyone I see on TV anymore. Think about it: underneath their clothes, all of these people are completely naked.

• Like 6

We should definitely go back to the programming of the 50s when husband and wife always slept in separate beds.

• Like 1

And every person alive is a testament to someone having sex! Shocking!

Well, I can sort of see their point. Slutty behavior is still slutty behavior even if the boobs are pixilated. And it is the behavior, not the nudity, that bothers me as a parent. I don't care if my kids see naked people swimming or reading a newspaper or whatever. It's the drunk chicks flashing their boobs and the idiots dropping trou that I prefer they not be exposed to, no pun intended. Of course, now my daughters are old enough to make their own judgements. Sometimes as an experiment I'll pause on "Cops" or "Campus PD" for a few minutes on the way somewhere else. When they are more aghast at the stupidity than entertained, I am satisfied and move on. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

• Like 3

I lived in Japan for most of the 80's and 90's, bathed in co-ed bath houses and soaked in co-ed hot springs.

The attitudes towards nudity in Japan compared to the U.S. makes the U.S. look so juvenile.

• Like 2

It is such a sick joke that people get all upset about bare skin (I agree that acting like a hooker or such is another case, but that's independent on what you're (not) wearing) in days where the last bits of democracy are falling apart and neofeudalism, hatred and warfare spread again as if the 20th century with its painful lessons never happened :Hmm:

It is such a sick joke that people get all upset about bare skin (I agree that acting like a hooker or such is another case, but that's independent on what you're (not) wearing) in days where the last bits of democracy are falling apart and neofeudalism, hatred and warfare spread again as if the 20th century with its painful lessons never happened KatieHmm.gif

Indeed there is just so much more worthwhile to worry about. People really need to just figure out that we are just hairless apes and no different than any other animal and get over shit like this. then maybe we could focus on the real problems instead of imagined ones.

They should ban babies. Babies are implied copulation.

I lived in Japan for most of the 80's and 90's, bathed in co-ed bath houses and soaked in co-ed hot springs.

The attitudes towards nudity in Japan compared to the U.S. makes the U.S. look so juvenile.

Same as Russia. Nudity is just not a big deal.

What do you expect from a country where people faint at the sight of a woman breast-feeding her infant? for such a modern country, the USA is a nation of pussies!

• Like 2

I think if nudity were more prevalent there would be less sophomoric behavior attached to it. It's all "tee hee look at this" in the U.S. Stupid.

The reason is actually quite simple; Japan never had all that puritan/xian baggage that the US has had to deal with.

We're slowly getting rid of it but it's probably going to take a few more decades.

I understand where they're coming from. Kids shouldn't see mostly-naked people running around and getting drunk, high, pregnant, etc. I'm with Ro-bear: it's not the nudity, it's the stupid/dangerous behavior that goes with it.

I sometimes wonder why being naked in public

is such a bad thing. Is it because the Xians

decided that it's immoral? Because we associate nudity with sex? Probably. The Native Americans, Africans, etc. used to hang out

naked, or almost, and nobody saw a problem with that. Or maybe just because there are some people whom no one wants to see naked and without Photoshop, like Pamela Anderson.

I think if nudity were more prevalent there would be less sophomoric behavior attached to it. It's all "tee hee look at this" in the U.S. Stupid.

Yes! Someone finally pointed that out. We should recognize that being naked is a part of life and get over it. We're all naked underneath our clothes.

We need less paranoia about nudity and more concern about forced prostitution and increasing teenage pregnancy.

No complaints about violence though. That's the most telling.

Breastfeeding is obscene, but people killing each other is ok? Da fuq Murrica?

Breast-feeding isn't obscene, it's just... dude... I don't want that right in my face. I don't like to see or hear babies, adults, or anyone in-between eating. Why? Because the concepts of "chewing with your mouth closed", and not making all kinds of piggy noises seem to have disappeared. I don't wanna hear ANYONE slurping away at their food!

No complaints about violence though. That's the most telling.

Breastfeeding is obscene, but people killing each other is ok? Da fuq Murrica?

You crazy yanks.

Come to think of it though, the attitude here is similar (if more liberal).

imoffended.jpg
  • Like 3

Breast-feeding isn't obscene, it's just... dude... I don't want that right in my face. I don't like to see or hear babies, adults, or anyone in-between eating. Why? Because the concepts of "chewing with your mouth closed", and not making all kinds of piggy noises seem to have disappeared. I don't wanna hear ANYONE slurping away at their food!

Doesn't bother me a bit.

I don't even know if it bothers me, can't remember to ever having seen someone doing it around me. :P

Again, what would you rather face, a baby slurping at a tit, or someone being knifed to death?

PRIORITIES. Christians no have them.

http://living.msn.co...c9-a64b97010ffd

Watching TV with your kids probably isn’t the best way to spend an evening, but it’s what many of us often do nonetheless. As such, we try to select shows that will be appropriate. That means no crazy violence, and no nudity or sexual content. According to researchers at the Parents Television Council (people whose tough job it is to count the number of times they see naked people on TV), these cleaner shows are becoming much harder to find. Specifically, they are reporting a significant increase in pixelated private parts or other suggestive scenes in which naked body parts are obscured by other objects or barely hidden behind towels.

Well, ads for erection drugs are all over the television at all hours.

How much more suggestive does it get?

• Like 1