Goodbye Jesus

Went Up To Kent State Last Night To Drink

antix

and meet some friends and het some real food etc. Anyway, I am this artsy bar and a friend comes in and we start bullshitting and I told him I have been having serious questions about my christianity the last few months. He told me he was a hard core christian when he was 13 and sat down and read the Bible front to back and said screw it. This is warped. He then asked his minister some questions and the guy replied "I never read the whole Bible". My friend who is 47 said he walked away and never looked back.

Interesting... I see that you are listed as a regular member now. Weren't you listed as a Christian when you joined? Congrats! You may need to change your name... woohoo.gif

Interesting... I see that you are listed as a regular member now. Weren't you listed as a Christian when you joined? Congrats! You may need to change your name... woohoo.gif

Ltes just say I believe in a higher power and an afterlife. As for christianity, if it is true, I need much more proof, both philisophically and scientifically.

Well there can be a higher power without it being the babblical (or islamic, or judaic) monster. You can be an ex-christian without total disbelief. Somehow I think I know at least one example of such a person *cough* tongue.png

Now as for your OP, isn't that just too typical? Someone who really read the entire book, and with an open mind and without preconceptions, will hardly end up as a morontheist. She might become a moderate/liberal christian but fanatic literalism should be a no-no pretty much automatically :fdevil:

Anything more, I am getting scared of the idea of christians gaining political power. It would be fascism and as sinclair lewis said : When fascism comes to america it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross.

• Like 1

Totalitarian regimes use whatever symbols or concepts will help them to gain and keep power. If it's a swastika they need, there they go. If it's a cross, also fine. The claim that "we are the only diligent hard workers in all of Europe and all the others just suck the money from us that we earned", as the propaganda keeps babbling here in Germany nowadays? Well what the fuck, if it will work, they'll use it.

There is no meaningful distinction between different kinds of totalitarianism. Actually, there aren't even different kinds - just different masks. Whether they call themselves fascist, communist, people's republic, reich, whathave you - at the core it's always the same crap.

I agree: The soviet union was fascist, not communist. Same with China. Being of greek ancestry, I do no know from friends and family that the greeks in greece are not the hardest workers on the planet though.

The Greeks of today definitely work much harder than we Germans do. And in sharp contrast to what the propaganda machine keeps hurling at us over here (Goebbels would be proud of it if he was still alive), they try really really hard to cut their spendings. The reason for their debts, relative to their economy power, still rising is that the economy power falls much faster than their debts. It's a game they can't possibly win.

But don't tell that to the Wahlvieh (lit. voter cattle) lest they might want to know the truth about certain things, and be pissed when they find it out...

A freind who is a financial advisor says that the big banks and ultra wealthy who are trying to collapse greece so they can buy it up for pennies on the dollar.

They are already hoping to suck the best young folks out of Greece (and Spain, and Portugal...) when they see no perspective in their homes and have to look for jobs elsewhere. They want to hire them for ridiculously low wages so they don't need to hire fellow Germans with at least some more rights to demand fair payment.

They are already hoping to suck the best young folks out of Greece (and Spain, and Portugal...) when they see no perspective in their homes and have to look for jobs elsewhere. They want to hire them for ridiculously low wages so they don't need to hire fellow Germans with at least some more rights to demand fair payment.

We have that in the states also. Was in Bermuda for a vacation, amazingly nice place and they have all sorts of rules and laws they enforce. If you are not a citizen, you may not work. If you have special considerations, you may work unti,l a Bermuda citizen is able to take your position. In the US, does not matter what your citizen status is unless it involves a security clearance.