Goodbye Jesus

A Book Brought My Grandpa To Me

Guest Babylonian Dream

Guest Babylonian Dream

When I was about 7 years old, I believed in the power of prayer. What's more, I had a little book on water that was a birthday gift some years prior before I really could read it. The first and second time I read it, my grandpa came over. For a short time, I thought "hmmm.... maybe he comes when I read this."

So I read the book again, and sure enough, he came over.

I thought at the time that the book seemed to have powers I couldn't explained, but I always enjoyed my grandpa's company.

I had to go to school, and after school, I'd play with my brothers. So I never had time during the week to read my own books. Here is the catch to that old coincidence I never got, my grandpa would come to visit us, and sometimes take us for the weekend. He would've came over whether I read that book or not. But essentially that is the power of prayer, an irrelevant little act to make something happen, that will happen anyway if it is bound to either way, or not if it wasn't bound to occur.

This story is true. I wasn't sure whether or not to put it in the testimonies section. It was just a thought.

• Like 2

It's amazing to me how I used to think:

If something prayed for occurs, then the prayer was answered.

If something prayed for does not occur, then God has something else in mind for that situation.

Neat, tidy, and conveniently covers all outcomes.

For example:

There was the time my son's bile duct closed off and he was in critical condition. A friends 4 year old daughter prayed for him and then announced to her parents that my son would be alright now. The next day his MRI showed a perfectly clear and open bile duct with no evidence of it ever having closed. Of course this was answered prayer!Wendyshrug.gif

Six weeks later the duct closed again, this time never reopening and requiring surgical reconstruction. Ahh, this time God had something else in mind. Of course.

when i wason a bus and it started to rain, i would pray for the rain to stop before i reach home.

sometimes the rain would stop before reaching my destination.

i thank god for answering my prayer, helleluya

but when it did not stop, well, it rained for the just and the unjust, and probably someone needed the rain more than i needed it to stop. helleluya anyway

• 2 weeks later...

remember the movie rock-a-doodle? he crowed every morning to bring the sun up for years and was devestated when he found out the sun came up without him the morning he missed his call. same thing. I also use the bike analogy a lot (riding without training wheels and a parent holding the seat behind you). 3vid3nce on youtube rightfully calls this a "simulacrum". its all just baggage that goes along with being superstitious.

Guest Babylonian Dream

when i wason a bus and it started to rain, i would pray for the rain to stop before i reach home.

sometimes the rain would stop before reaching my destination.

i thank god for answering my prayer, helleluya

but when it did not stop, well, it rained for the just and the unjust, and probably someone needed the rain more than i needed it to stop. helleluya anyway

This.

And I remember my brother trying to use that to reconvince me of God. Despite my having been there, and ending up having seen that my prayers didn't really make a difference from me just saying to myself "aww.... c'mon.... stop raining". When his prayers being answered didn't convince me, he told me that I didn't believe his arguements were valid because I refused to reason. XD