Goodbye Jesus

Nice Quote From Christianforums.com

bornagainathiest

Specifically, here... http://www.christian...s.com/t7674045/

And the quote is...

"YECs never actually make any discoveries of their own. They simply wait for grownup scientists to collect the data, select the pieces they like, buffet-style, and then proceed to warp the data to suit their purposes while ignoring the fact that even if the point they are making were correct (which, it never is), it would be contradicted by overwhelming evidence from virtually every other branch of science, including geology, paleontology, and biology. It is such a depressing worldview - one that I am thankful to have left behind."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

BAA.

• Like 2

Shortly after my deconversion I used to enjoy going to that site to see the Christians battle each other in what I recall being something like the evolution vs. creation forum. I was quite comical to see them each tear the other's arguments apart. It could all really be summarized to avolution accepters saying the evidence is undeniable, and the OEC'ers saying the bible falls apart without a literal interpretation. Yep. But I went back recently and couldn't find the sub-forum(s). Did it get rebranded as this or another forum, or did they catch on that is was causing more harm that good to their cause?

It's been years since I last went to that place but I seem to remember that they restructured and made quite a few forums certified-morontheists-only, for reasons of... you know... uncertifieds coming in there and, like, debating, and hurling facts and logic and evidence left and right and horrifying the morontheists.

Like I said, been some time, I might be wrong :shrug:

This thread reminded me of being a member of Christianforums when I was a Xtian. I didn't post much but I still have my account. So for the first time in years I logged in today. Just to change my status from Xtian to Atheist. :P

It's been years since I last went to that place but I seem to remember that they restructured and made quite a few forums certified-morontheists-only, for reasons of... you know... uncertifieds coming in there and, like, debating, and hurling facts and logic and evidence left and right and horrifying the morontheists.

Like I said, been some time, I might be wrong :shrug:

You're right, I used to frequent it too!