Goodbye Jesus

Did Leaving The Church Change You On Social Issues?

Carolorado

Unlike most here, I have KEPT my Conservative/Libertarian ideals.

I find it amusing that most here will point to the RIGHT as the church or the side that "demands" you toe the line on social values like abortion and Capital Punishment.

You just try standing up in a Unitarian Universalist "Church" and deny global warming or gay marriage and you see how far you get.....

BOTH SIDES DEMAND COMPLIANCE---the Left claims to own "tolerance"....and the Right NEVER HAS. SO when NEITHER are tolerant, WHO ARE THE HYPOCRITES THEN?

The only thing that changed...but not REALLY, since I didn't HAVE an opinion on Gay marriage...is that NOW I DO. Gays should freely marry and PAY THE MARRIAGE TAX PENALTY like all the rest of us, and enjoy another American institution as well>>>> D*I*V*O*R*C*E!!! Lol

I think and dig for the truth, therefore I am an atheist.

I think and dig for the truth, therefore I am a Libertarian.

If all you do is FEEEEEEEL, you end up a Christian. And usually a Liberal one.

Well, I agree with Paine on one thing, at least. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

It appears that you may have missed the point. This thread is about social issues. Libertarians tend to be socially liberal (they are only fiscally conservative, which has nothing to do with this thread).

You clearly don't know SHIT about Libertarianism...but thanks for playing!

And way to prove my point about the sanctimonious "tolerance" of Liberals. Way to go! wink.png

All you proved is that you're being an asshole.

You don't know anything about me, so don't call me "liberal" or insinuate that I'm not "tolerant." I don't give a rat's ass whether or not you're a Libertarian, and I am completely undecided on economic issues.

If what I said about Libertarianism was wrong, then feel free to explain what was wrong about it. Simply being an ass about it proves nothing about what I said. If Libertarianism is actually socially conservative or fiscally liberal (the opposite of what I said), then please demonstrate how. For your convenience, here's a link to the Libertarian Party's Platform page: http://www.lp.org/platform

• Like 2

I find it amusing that most here will point to the RIGHT as the church or the side that "demands" you toe the line on social values like abortion and Capital Punishment.

You just try standing up in a Unitarian Universalist "Church" and deny global warming or gay marriage and you see how far you get.....

BOTH SIDES DEMAND COMPLIANCE---the Left claims to own "tolerance"....and the Right NEVER HAS. SO when NEITHER are tolerant, WHO ARE THE HYPOCRITES THEN?

The only thing that changed...but not REALLY, since I didn't HAVE an opinion on Gay marriage...is that NOW I DO. Gays should freely marry and PAY THE MARRIAGE TAX PENALTY like all the rest of us, and enjoy another American institution as well>>>> D*I*V*O*R*C*E!!! Lol

I think and dig for the truth, therefore I am an atheist.

If all you do is FEEEEEEEL, you end up a Christian. And usually a Liberal one.

Well I never knew not liking racists, misogynists, the anti-science crowd, or libertarians who behave like downright fundamentalists made me intolerant, but if that's the case, I'll gladly stick with my intolerance.

President must be a Christian

Yeah, that too. Even if I'm not American I was quite saddened when Obama got elected, because I thought he was not a Real ChristianTM and secretly may even be a Muslim (yeah, I bought that shit), meanwhile I was happy for Bush because he was a "good evangelical Christian". Yeah, I know... I'm very ashamed of myself now.

President must be a Christian

Yeah, that too. Even if I'm not American I was quite saddened when Obama got elected, because I thought he was not a Real ChristianTM and secretly may even be a Muslim (yeah, I bought that shit), meanwhile I was happy for Bush because he was a "good evangelical Christian". Yeah, I know... I'm very ashamed of myself now.

The only time politicians in the USA become christian is about 6 months before election time. This is also the time they become impassioned about their particular party's view on the issues. After the election is over it is back to not giving a shit about anything again. :-)

Sorry Paine, but that doesn't follow.

Joining some political group is the path to power, not the path to the truth.

• Like 1

MM, I so so so so so wish I could hug you right now. That was brilliant and incredibly insightful. Thank you for posting it. I regret that I have but one vote for that post.

Anybody who thinks their political affiliation is "THE TRUTH" is a fucking idiot. And that extends especially to well-educated, well-read people who still get snookered into thinking such lunacies.

I've seen a few people on these forums seemingly replace religion with political parties. More than a few.

Kinda makes me happy I still have gods. :P