Goodbye Jesus

The Holy Spirit Is Confused

roadrunner

I have always heard the atheist argument that there are so many religions how do you know who's right so you may as well quit wasting time. As a matter of fact I agree with it but to further the argument and apply it to these thousands of denominations that swear that THEY are correct.

Ive heard the saying that there are "no catholics, baptists or methodists in heaven, only christians". So christians, this holy spirit that comes to guide you should be the same for all denomination since there is one god. Yet, the holy spirits leads pastors to preach that speaking in tougues is unbiblical and another denomination says its led BY this same holy spirit to speak in tongues. Why can't this holy spirit agree with itself on what it wants to do or consent to? How many teachings are held sacred by one denomination and pagan by another? Could it be this holy spirit is simply the mind of the believer?

Hey kid, c'mhere......ssshhhh....I have a secret....

There ain't no HS talkin to em.

That's why.

I asked my wife and I got a puzzled look woohoo.gif +1 for me

If I had a US dollar for every time I heard someone say "I feel the HS leading me to......." I could pay off my student loans.

The holy spirit led Jim Jones.

• Like 1

yep, sadly the Holy Spirit is incompetent. It can't bring unity amongst Christians. So much for God.

If I had a US dollar for every time I heard someone say "I feel the HS leading me to......." I could pay off my student loans.

then you obviously dont have as much school debt as me.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

You must ask Thumbelina what the HS really is saying. I think he's saying, "Thumbelina, go thou into the clubs and arenas and wrestle topless in the mud."

• Like 1

The prayer of Jesus in John 17, for his followers to display complete unity, was a failure along with his claim that the Holy Spirit would guide believers into all truth.

That's the reality believers are faced with but can't accept.

• Like 1

A friend told me a funny true, local story. A church board was trying to make a decision about something but could not come to agreement. The pastor told the board members to go home and pray about the matter and to come back the next day to share what the Holy Spirit advised each of them about the right course of action. So they all went home and sincerely prayed. They reconvened, as planned, the next day, and a vote was taken to see how the Holy Spirit was leading. They admitted all hearing the Holy Spirit's leading and were excited to move forward in agreement with one another. But guess what? The group was split right down the middle: one side "yes" and the other "no".

Holy Spirit confused? Indeed.

You must ask Thumbelina what the HS really is saying. I think he's saying, "Thumbelina, go thou into the clubs and arenas and wrestle topless in the mud."

Just not gonna let this go are ya?

:HaHa:

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

When you're a non-believer, you need something to live for, something to give you hope. This is what gives florduh that hope.

• Super Moderator

Come on, mud wrestling is all she's good for. Have you ever tried to reason with her?

I've seen this mentioned a couple of times now. Is she really a mud wrestler?

If so, she gets mad props from me.

• Super Moderator
Is she really a mud wrestler?

I don't know, but spread the rumor anyway.

Is she really a mud wrestler?

I don't know, but spread the rumor anyway.

LOL!

GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

When you're a non-believer, you need something to live for, something to give you hope. This is what gives florduh that hope.

Because all non-believers are unemployed and have no family or friends , they need something to do. :-)

See, this is why I think life would be easier if we were in some sort of mind-reading collective like the Borg. Then we'd know exactly what EVERYONE'S "holy spirit" was telling them.

Then we could stop them before they actually did whatever it told them to do...

I have been watching Star Trek again lately, can you tell?

I believe the idea of mud wrestling for jebus has been tossed about. That would clear up all doubt about who's hs is bs.

They admitted all hearing the Holy Spirit's leading and were excited to move forward in agreement with one another. But guess what? The group was split right down the middle: one side "yes" and the other "no".

It's clear from the two different answers that the holy spirit led the True Christian ™ group to the right decision.

Then he led the lukewarm Christian group astray with the wrong answer, to harden their hearts.

DO NOT mess with the HS PageofCupsNono.gif

• Like 5

They admitted all hearing the Holy Spirit's leading and were excited to move forward in agreement with one another. But guess what? The group was split right down the middle: one side "yes" and the other "no".

It's clear from the two different answers that the holy spirit led the True Christian ™ group to the right decision.

Then he led the lukewarm Christian group astray with the wrong answer, to harden their hearts.

DO NOT mess with the HS PageofCupsNono.gif

Dayum lukewarm xians. Always goin and fuckin shit up.

• Like 1