Goodbye Jesus

A Special Announcement.

raoul

Okay, it ain't so special but I just wanted to see how many of you I could hook with the title. LOL

Seriously, from now I will be using the term 'cultist' and/or 'cult' whenever I'm referring to 'christians' and/or 'christianity'. I not doing this to be combative or nasty. I am doing it because I've concluded, from the things I've read over here along with books I'm reading that they are in a cult. Their religion is no better than any other cult they themselves often ridicule and attack. I will put out reasons for this in a book I'm planning to put together hopefully, in the next year or so.

• Like 4

Good idea. That way you avoid the tiresome "not a true Christian" rigmarole by not using the term in the first place.

I read "Why the Jews Rejected Jesus" and for the first time it made sense to me why so many cults are spawned off of Christianity (JWs, Mormons, etc.) -- because Christianity itself was just a cult that branched off of Judaism! Makes sense to me now.

Yep. Every religious group is a cult. Most Christians are unknowingly a part of a gnostic cult based on ancient mystery religions, as they find salvation through knowledge and belief as opposed to a physical act.

cult/kəlt/

Noun:

• A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.
  • A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

• Like 3

Yep. Every religious group is a cult. Most Christians are unknowingly a part of a gnostic cult based on ancient mystery religions, as they find salvation through knowledge and belief as opposed to a physical act.

cult/kəlt/

Noun:

• A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.

• A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

The first description I totally agree with. The second one is a problem because the cult itself isn't 'relatively small' by any stretch of the imagination. And one of them could easily jump on it by exclaiming how many millions they have in their groups. All it would have to do is take out 'relatively small' and then I'd be in total agreement. Thanks for providing the definition.

cult/kəlt/

Noun:

The first description I totally agree with. The second one is a problem because the cult itself isn't 'relatively small' by any stretch of the imagination. And one of them could easily jump on it by exclaiming how many millions they have in their groups. All it would have to do is take out 'relatively small' and then I'd be in total agreement. Thanks for providing the definition.

But each congregation is relatively small. And they are all different, even if the only difference is the unofficial variable of the members and leadership. Mormon churches are all pretty damn close though...

But each congregation is relatively small. And they are all different, even if the only difference is the unofficial variable of the members and leadership. Mormon churches are all pretty damn close though...

Yeah, you do have a point there. I guess we can say they're small cults that combine to make up a vast network of cults who worship one person and it ain't Jesus or a god. It's actually Paul who stole the original message away from the Jewish followers and created an entirely off the wall religion in order to satisify his own psychological hang ups or something like that.

• Like 1