Goodbye Jesus

Warm Feelings When Thinking About Jesus

Chikirin

I sometimes get warm feelings when thinking about or hearing Jesus's more gentle and loving sayings/stories.

It's almost exactly like when I'm reminded of an old girlfriend and warm feelings flood back.

But then my rational side kicks in and reminds me that those good times were only half the story, and that there are good reasons I'm not in that relationship any more. Like, sometimes its easier to hate an ex rather than to stay friendly, because then there's no clean break and the old feelings can come back tempt me to pine for the old relationship.

• Super Moderator

Winnie the Pooh makes me all warm and runny. Jebus, not so much.

• Like 1

I get warm feelings thinking of princess peach and zelda.....

I never really had warm feelings towards Jesus - more like anxiety and fear of not pleasing the absent and abusive fuck. But that's baptists for ya.

I suppose this might happen, the warm feelings, if you were taught a warm and fuzzy Jesus. I just got "I did ALL OF THIS FOR YOU, you better love me, or you'll make me burn you."

I have more fuzzy feelings towards the Goblin King from Labyrinth.

I never really had warm feelings towards Jesus - more like anxiety and fear of not pleasing the absent and abusive fuck. But that's baptists for ya.

I felt that way towards God, but not as much to Jesus, except maybe for the Jesus quoted in Revelation

Stockholm syndrome!

Winnie the Pooh makes me all warm and runny. Jebus, not so much.

LOL!!!!! LOVE . THAT.

Tim Minchin has a good song on this:

I felt that way towards God, but not as much to Jesus, except maybe for the Jesus quoted in Revelation

Yeah. Both of the above. God was nothing but terror. Jesus ... he always just seemed like some guy spouting bland platitudes and walking around holding lambs (at least that's what he did in Sunday school pictures; that and -- for no reason I could ever figure -- carried a lantern while going around knocking on doors).

I think that for his time he had a progressive attitude toward women and the poor, but beyond that, I can't feel anything.

Progressive in the sense of not immediately stoning women for their offenses.

I have heard more wisdom elsewhere. Many, if not most of the sayings attributed to Jesus can be held to be doubtful. There really isn't much here.

When I think upon sweet things my husband, pups or friends have done, I find myself smiling. Jesus doesn't do it for me, and I don't think he ever did. When I needed him most, he just wasn't there. He was a bad friend.

• Like 1

In Baptistville, Jesus = Abe's god. You'd hear "PRAIZE JEZUZ GAWUD!" a lot. Not that they have any fucking basis for saying they're one and the same, but they do. Jesus saves you, and Jesus burns your ass in hell.

Sense, it makes none.

Damn, 20 years after the fact and I still have feelings of pure rage when thinking about Jesus. That's the only thing in my life that puts me into such a state of hatred. If that fucker ever came back, I'd volunteer to crucify him again myself.

• Like 1

Damn, 20 years after the fact and I still have feelings of pure rage when thinking about Jesus. That's the only thing in my life that puts me into such a state of hatred. If that fucker ever came back, I'd volunteer to crucify him again myself.

Next time be more honest. Sometimes you're too secretive with your inner thoughts.

• Like 2

Hallelujah, brother!

I get warm feelings when I think of Emma Watson.

I have very warm feelings about the Goblin King, thank you! Jesus? He's a wimp, a wuss who surrounded himself with bros who'd left their families to be with him and still didn't even cultivate enough of a friendship with them to get them to support him in his hour of most need, and he was so fucking stupid he cursed a fig tree when it was out of season. Now, me, I don't have the faintest idea what "fig season" is, but if I grew up in a world where all I got were seasonal fruits, I bet I'd know, and I bet our country-boy Jesus did too, so he must have known it was out of season. Let's repeat: The great I AM, the guy who Christians say made EVERYTHING, cursed a fruit tree for doing something he would have known it couldn't do anyway. That doesn't sound like someone I'd love or worship. To the contrary, if I saw someone doing something similar today, I'd think he was a complete, blithering idiot.

• Like 1

I have very warm feelings about the Goblin King, thank you!

I have a female friend who really likes the Goblin King... it's because of his "Magic Pants" as she likes to say.

I never could see Jesus as a friend, or get any warm feelings about him. What good is a friend who never talks to you, never reassures you, and is never there when you need him? How am I supposed to get all warm and fuzzy about someone like that?

Now, let me tell you, Morena Baccarin makes me warm and fuzzy. GGGGrrrrrrrr. I'll be in my bunk.

Um, sorry. I sort of went to a strange place there. Y'all just continue...

How can I have warm feelings about a person who may have never existed? And, if a man named Jesus did exist and inspired the myth, we have no idea what if anything he actually said. As far as I know, he didn't have a press agent following him around and jotting down his pithy quotes. The red-letter words attributed to the Jesus character came years after he was dead, if he ever lived in the first place.

Nope, just can't bring myself to work up any feelings for a cypher.

I have a female friend who really likes the Goblin King... it's because of his "Magic Pants" as she likes to say.

They are very magical pants.

I'm okay with having warm feelings about a fictional character, but they need to be fictional characters that inspire warm feelings. Jesus is too fake, contradictory, and clearly agenda-pushing to have warm feelings for. I don't have warm feelings for Kirk Cameron either, and for the exact same reasons.

They are very magical pants.

Dance! Dance, magic pants!

Funny when this guy inspires more nice feelings than Jeebus.

tumblr_m7df9zmogZ1qa97xdo1_500.jpg

• Like 1