Goodbye Jesus

Thank You God!

Citsonga

You know those religious videos Christians forward that are filled with cherry-picked scenery and animal clips presented as proof of God? A while back I was wondering if there was a good video to use in response, and just a little bit ago I stumbled across this one that may just fill that void.

Thank You God!

• Like 4

Pretty good. When I was a fundy I would have replied that all the horrors of this world came as a result of the Fall (plus whatever shit Satan pulled prior to the Fall). If you asked, why did God predestine THOSE events, well... when I was an Arminian I would have tried some Wm. Lane Craig thing about free will (though not as slickly), but later I would have eventually said that it was just His good pleasure and that He can bring good out of evil. I might have added that the eternal sufferings of the wicked glorify God, that the saints rejoice in them, and that your ass will be fried, Citsonga! lol

Love the catchy tune, too.

Well, now I'm depressed. I think I'll go watch some funny videos with cats now. Have you seen the one with the cat that barks? That one's hilarious!

Here you go, T2M. It's not a barking kitty, but I think it'll cheer you up.

(In Zoo Tycoon 2, I *ALWAYS* have a meerkat enclosure, even though the little shits always manage to escape despite every obstacle I can arrange.)
  • Like 2

Thanks, Akheia!

Normally I'm not a fan of snuff videos but I'll make an exception for that one. It's for a good cause.

Pretty good. When I was a fundy I would have replied that all the horrors of this world came as a result of the Fall (plus whatever shit Satan pulled prior to the Fall). If you asked, why did God predestine THOSE events, well... when I was an Arminian I would have tried some Wm. Lane Craig thing about free will (though not as slickly), but later I would have eventually said that it was just His good pleasure and that He can bring good out of evil. I might have added that the eternal sufferings of the wicked glorify God, that the saints rejoice in them, and that your ass will be fried, Citsonga! lol

Love the catchy tune, too.

Yeah, there's always a rationalization, but all it is is a rationalization. I do think that the video should have focused more on the natural disasters, since they are more difficult to deal with than human cruelties. One has to be as foolish as Pat Robertson to try to blame people for natural disasters.

Well, now I'm depressed. I think I'll go watch some funny videos with cats now. Have you seen the one with the cat that barks? That one's hilarious!

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to depress you. I haven't seen that video, though.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to depress you. I haven't seen that video, though.

Don't worry about it. I understand the point that the video is making, and I know you didn't post it just to depress people. It's just that it's Monday, and I'm at work, and all.

Here you go, T2M. It's not a barking kitty, but I think it'll cheer you up.

(In Zoo Tycoon 2, I *ALWAYS* have a meerkat enclosure, even though the little shits always manage to escape despite every obstacle I can arrange.)

It's stuff like this that make me want to go into Zoo Medicine. One day, I may tickle a meerkat.

• 3 weeks later...

You know those religious videos Christians forward that are filled with cherry-picked scenery and animal clips presented as proof of God? A while back I was wondering if there was a good video to use in response, and just a little bit ago I stumbled across this one that may just fill that void.

Thank You God!

fucking hell...I cannot finish that video. Dear god (for lack of a better term).

Holy shit.

AH.

*scrubs brain*

I do tell people when they say things like: "Look at the stars! They proclaim god!" I am like, "what about the parasite eating a child's eye in Africa? Does that proclaim god? Why or why not?"

Logic please?

Thank You God!

fucking hell...I cannot finish that video.

You should skip ahead to 3 mins 15 seconds. After that point there is no more suffering or death in the video. The rest is GC making a point.