Goodbye Jesus

Fuck, Wish I Would Have Done This When I Was 20

antix

Question the Bible. I have come to realize that once you start questioning dogmas (in a chirstians case, this means the Bible) your mind just opens up. I never would have defended muslims a few months ago. Now, someone was slamming them on facebook and I said, they are the same as we are, except for the extremists, like our american fundys.

• Like 1

Myself, I'm glad that I came to the realization that I didn't beleive in Christianity when I did (just 2 years ago at 21), and didn't wait until later. What would have happened had I married a fundie woman and had kids, then came to this realization?

I don't have to guess after seeing the hearbreaking stories of people who are in this exact situation right now. I'm foruntate.

Btw, about Islam,I won't defend Muslims, even if they are right sometimes, Christians may be backward and bigoted quite often, but Islam makes them look like wimps....

I would rather deal with close minded xian fundies any day than deal with the effects of having a country turn majority Muslim....

people are people, the muslims I have been friends with drink, party, eat pork etc. As for the open minded thing, I think I have had a long gradual easing. About 2-3 yrs ago a friend of mine said "I notice you have not been making religious right comments for awhile". I feel for the people who have a fundy spouse who is controlled by a church.

• Like 1