Goodbye Jesus

Car Wreck

Zephie

So last year on July 23rd, I was in a car wreck. I was on my way home and this guy did a hit and run on me while going over 60 MPH. While it did very little damage to his car (someone followed him and called the cops on his ass), his hit spun me out of control and caused me to hit the concrete railing of a bridge. My car was totaled. I was three years off from paying it off. It was a 2007 Ford Focus SES. My dream car. It had everything and what I was paying on it per month was incredibly reasonable. So the car company pays off my car and I'm left having to get a new car. They gave me a week to find something before taking the rental away even though our policy covers for a month. What I ended up getting was a base model 2009 Chevy Cobalt (Slowbalt). I pay five bucks more per month for less car. Granted the Slowbalt, had 42,000 miles on it compared to Focus which had 120,000 miles on it (so some major maintenance was about to happen) but still. The kicker in all of this was that I was on the tail end of deconversion from Xtianity and I decided not to get a lawyer and sue the guy for hitting me then running off. My compensation via the court? $1000.00. A year later, I am incredibly resentful of what I have. I am angry at the injustice of it all. Anger that I haven't expressed since, at the time, I didn't feel that it was appropriate or that because I was a Xtian I could be angry about it.

What is getting me now is that in the days that followed Hurricane Isaac, the area around our house flooded. Since we took my car and dad's truck, our vehicles weren't flooded. My mom's car, however, got a few inches of water in it which apparently is enough to total her car. I talked with mom and dad about seeing if I could get the junker they would end up buying and if they could take on the note. My car is after all new and still has less mileage than hers will. It also gets like 34 MPG on the highway (since that's where we do most of our driving). Now normally they would have been able to take on my car note (284.59 monthly which I'm told isn't bad considering) but since dad's accident had happened a month prior to my car accident, it's not happening. There was a possibility of mom getting a promotion (that we still don't know about) which would bring in more fundages for them (which they need since Workman's Comp is a joke). Ever since the hurricane, I've been wishing that it had been my car that got flooded (I have gap insurance as well) however it would just mean another car note sadly.

I am a bit jealous. And angry. And anxious. The good news out of this is that in two weeks, I'll be moving to Baton Rouge with my boyfriend and will be working ten minutes away from home as opposed to nearly an hour so the mileage on my car will go down considerably (it's at 73k at the moment). There are some other issues with my car that I had I spoken up about at the time I would have not gotten the thing. The front passenger light has condensation in it (and had it at the time of sale as well) that has caused corrosion on the signal lamp. This may require me to get a whole new assembly since they don't sell the signal lamps separately like they do the headlamps. I need to replace the wheel covers (a $15-20.00 expense at Walmart) as well as some cosmetic issue like a few tiny dents, random stains on the seats, as well some buttons being scratched up on the inside. One of the funny things about this whole damn situation though is that I was bitching about my car note when I had my Focus. Eh, what can I say. I feel better just getting this off my chest so to speak.

At least the asswipe didn't sue you. That's happening to me...2 years ago a cab driver ran into me then lied to the cop and she wound up saying it was mutual fault. Now I'm being sued over it. What's sad is my insurance will probably just pay it...I don't give a fuck what they do but the fact that this idiot didn't suffer any consequences really pisses me off whenever I think about it.

Thankfully, there was no way he could say that. The person who followed him reported him to the police. There were witnesses.

So last year on July 23rd, I was in a car wreck. I was on my way home and this guy did a hit and run on me while going over 60 MPH.
Wow, you're lucky to be alive! That sounds terrifying.

So last year on July 23rd, I was in a car wreck. I was on my way home and this guy did a hit and run on me while going over 60 MPH.
Wow, you're lucky to be alive! That sounds terrifying.

My Ford Focus was suprisingly sound considering the hit and the fact that it was raining as well.

Thankfully, there was no way he could say that. The person who followed him reported him to the police. There were witnesses.

Where were they when jesus supposedly rose.

Sorry about this Zeph. Dont get mad at anything you did a result of religion. take it as a life lessen. Im not going to tell you that you didnt get shafted because clearly you did but its not your fault. Hindsight is 20/20.